itayda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hello,

I have a Nintendo DS (not DS Lite) and I want to buy a flash card.
I read the articles in gbatemp about the various brands and I understand that
the M3 DS Real, CycloDS Evolution and R4 DS are considered to be the best
cards right now .

I have a few questions because I am quite confused and I would appreciate if you could
help me sort things out.

1. Is M3 DS Real just a newer M3 DS Simply, or are there any differences ?

2. I want to play GBA SP games, I understand that for the M3 DS Real you need a
GBA Expansion cart (with 32MB ram), but that cart is only suitable for NDS Lite and not
for regular NDS, so what should I need if I buy the M3 DS Real ?

3. What is the difference between a M3 DS Real Rumble pak , a rumble ram pack and a perfect pack ?
(I think the perfect has the rumble and the gba expansion, but what is this rumble?)

4. Does anyone have an opinion about the other two card - CycloDS Evolution and R4 DS,
I know this is a M3 forum, and I am considering buying the M3 DS Real, but I would like to hear
some opinions from people who understand better then me.

Sorry for the long question, but I am really really confused and waiting for your help
cry.gif

Thanks
smile.gif

Itay

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. Ya, the M3 Real is pretty much an updated r4/m3 simply. It has some new features, like slow motion, and OFFICIAL support for an expansion pack. However, if you buy an M3 Simply/R4, you can use an EZ Flash 3-in-1 Expansion pack that works flawlessly for all gba games I've played.

2. I'm not sure, but I think that the M3 Real's Expansion Packs are only DS Lite sized. If that's the case, I would just use an M3 Simply and a GBA Cartridge sized 3-in-1 Expansion Pack. (That's what I do because it will fit in a DS Phat).

By the way, the 3-in-1 Expansion has Ram for GBA, can be used as Ram for the Opera Browser or DSLinux, has 3 levels of rumble functionality, and works on an r4/m3 simply perfectly with Rudolphs Tool, which you can find on GBATemp.

3. I'm not sure... I think that they are just packages they sell the Real in. So maybe the perfect pack is one with a GBA Expansion and a Rumble one?

4. CycloDS is a good card, but I would stick with r4/simply, or M3 Real if you can get the expansion pack working. If you didn't know, R4 and M3 Simply are the EXACT same product; all Homebrew/games work the same on both and people usually just say R4 but if it works on R4 it will work on M3 Simply as well. The only other card I would consider would maybe be the DSTT (DS Top Toy); it is realatively priced to all of the other cards I've mentioned, and also has expansion pack capabilities like the Real, but I'm not sure if they have GBA Sized Cartridges.

Hope this helps
smile.gif

itayda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
dmonkey21 - thanks for your explanation.

I saw the EZ Flash 3-in-1 Expansion pack , the question is if its working with the M3 DS Real.
(can you explain very shorty what I need to do in order to run GBA games)

The Rumble pack or Rumble ram packs come with a slot2 cart (only suitable for NDS Lite) - I am
trying to understand what it is.

Maybe I should consider the M3 SD Perfect - it is a slot2 card for GBA SP or NDS into which you can
insert a sd or mini sd and play *.nds or *.gba games - is it a better solution then the M3 DS Real ?

Thanks
smile.gif

Itay

neokido

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would lke to ask if there is any way to use the rumble pack ds lite, with a normal ds...(by cutting the little bit that stops you from inserting it) cause i have a M3 real
nds.gif
and i bought a browser and didn't get themem pack(thank you Ebay...^^
cry.gif
)
please help me and tell me that it is possible...
blink.gif

neokido

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thx to you... i really needed to know that...
it fit's perfectly...but still looking for the browser problem..thx again(i'm a newbee and don't know all the threads of the site)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning