Question regarding how the M3/G6 Saves games.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by xDRONEx, Sep 20, 2006.

Sep 20, 2006
  1. xDRONEx
    OP

Newcomer xDRONEx Member

United States
    I'm on the verge of purchasing an M3... one of the main differences and things Im not sure about is the save system.

I've read that the M3 requires you to restart the system or something - you have to restart the system to reload the save? FifthElement's guide says "Save System Requires a Restart?"

Could someone explain exactly how it works - and if its a big hassle?

As long as you can fairly easily play the games and save your progress and keep going is all that matters. And does this save system... does it affect GBA games/play as well?

And the G6 is the opposite?

I'm sure this has probably been answered before... so I'm sorry.

This is probably the last thing I need cleared up before I decide to go ahead and order

2. x_comp

Member x_comp GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    There are 2 copies of saved data that the M3 keeps. One copy is in the cartridge memory itself and the other is an optional copy, a backup file that is created on your SD/CF card.

That guide was probably referring to the backup file. The M3 backs up save data into a separate file whenever you restart it by default. It can be turned off to speed up booting, though.

Other than that, games all save the same way just as if you were playing the real game card.

3. xDRONEx
    OP

Newcomer xDRONEx Member

United States
    Thanks a lot for the reply. I appreciate it.