Hacking Question regarding Game Compatability

Dr Awesomo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, so I've got myself an early build of the M3i Zero, 1.6.1 Core, and 4.9 R2 Sakura/Touchpod at the moment.
(Gotta say, love the functionality)

Like any cartridge of this kind, I've found my problems with it, such as no sleep mode on DSi, but one thing in particular I was hoping there was a fix for deals with a certain game. Might and Magic: Clash of heroes.

The game works great, and it happens to be a great game. I'd like to be able to play against my friend via download play...but here's the problem.

As soon at the download is complete, and my friend's DS launches, it locks up. Weve tried switching DS's, and the likes, but no luck. (The game is launched in Download Play mode when tested in both Touchpod and Sakura.

Are there any ROM patches, alternative Software/Firmware, or other methods I could use to get this to work?
Thanks in advance. Any help is appreciated.

Jaylen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well peep this, no there is no concievable way to do this with any sort of guarantee.

you can however download a different rom and hope it works
google a patch
look for a hex fix

or get a different flash card, because i swear on all things precious that M3 team has fallen off.
now they did have some announcement a while ago on the chinese site about them rounding up coders for some huge project or something, lets just hope this equates to a media enabled flash card without all of these crappy unironable bugs...
because M3 sakura was impressive...i will not lie, but only because it is moonshell with a rom loader...well guess what...we have moonshell with a rom loader now.

working on like at least 4 flash cards i know of...soo they are kind of pissing me off.
now if m3 sakura were to go DSi mode, have a native video player and boot gba roms on a DSi on an upgraded flash card, then i will think about even cutting my DSi back on to play games...but until then...they suck the worst because they are wasting potential...

Dr Awesomo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You make a lot of good points, and I agree. Alas, M3 is what I got, so I guess I'll just continue the hunt for a fix. Thanks anyways

Gaboros

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Dr Awesomo said:
You make a lot of good points, and I agree. Alas, M3 is what I got, so I guess I'll just continue the hunt for a fix. Thanks anyways

Hello!

Try it with my WoodR4 for M3 or with my YSM3. I have never tried the download play but in my opinion Wood has a way better game compatibility then the original firmware. Of course it has disadvantages, too. Wood can not play the fragmented nds/sav and doesn't have soft reset. YSM3 can be slow on some SDHC card. Anyway I hope it is working for you. Give it a try, you have nothing to lose.
wink.gif

http://gbatemp.net/t268715-woodr4-for-m3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."