Hacking [Question] Ps4 for sale on 4.73, should i take it or look for a another? O:

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So.. before you all start bashing the thread, im completely new to the PS4 Scene, not the modding scene but the PS4 Scene, i do understand that up to date the firmware 4.05 and 4.55 are exploitable as today, and a PoC is being set for 5.05 without a kernel exploit.

So.. A friend of mine is Currently selling his Original PS4 which is 4.73 for 140 bucks. How good of a deal this is? should i get it or look for a better option.

I dont have an idea how much a PS4 worth these days, so thats why I'am asking,

gameus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take it. 5.XX exploits are right around the corner. We have PoCs for userland and kernel, its only a matter of time. 140 bucks is a pretty decent price for a PS4 in general, and it happens to be on a lower firmware too. My advice is to keep it on 4.73 until something actually gets released. And its pretty easy to manually update to a firmware as you can update via USB.

EDIT: Sorry, somehow it got double posted?

gameus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take it. 5.XX exploits are right around the corner. We have PoCs for userland and kernel, its only a matter of time. 140 bucks is a pretty decent price for a PS4 in general, and it happens to be on a lower firmware too. My advice is to keep it on 4.73 until something actually gets released. And its pretty easy to manually update to a firmware as you can update via USB.

EDIT: Sorry, somehow it got double posted?

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it does have a Controller, it comes with everything, and also i think it comes with some games, so, i was wondering if this is a good choice to buy this or look for a 4.55 or lower.

We have PoCs for userland and kernel

We got only a PoC for Userland, sadly nothing for Kernel on 4.73.

gameus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it does have a Controller, it comes with everything, and also i think it comes with some games, so, i was wondering if this is a good choice to buy this or look for a 4.55 or lower.

We got only a PoC for Userland, sadly nothing for Kernel on 4.73.

Guess its not a PoC but the info is out there. Developers just have to pick it up.

http://wololo.net/2018/02/05/ps4-rest-mode-exploit-revealed-vpikhur-5-xx-firmware/

The custom Southbridge silicon, responsive for background downloads while main SoC is off, didn’t help to secure Playstation 4. We explain how a chain of exploits combined with hardware attacks will allow code to run in the context of the secure bootloader, extract private keys, and sign a custom kernel.

Another quote.

Additionally, the hacker did not stop at kernel access, but proceeded to do some hardware glitching in order to be able to extract the console’s kernel bootloader.

Last edited by gameus,
Reactions: Shurikan117

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple