MManatane

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
I was wondering if it were possible to have a cartridge adapter for two micro sd card ? Technically speaking and software (cfw) side ?
In PSP years such kind of adapter was existing for memory stick duo :

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 379
Last edited by MManatane,

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long answer: nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Longer answer:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooiiooooooooooooooiiiiioooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooiooooioooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooiiooooooooooooooiiiiioooooooooooooooooo

PonyStation4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this detailled answers, it's always a pleasure to have feedbacks from experts :-)

The Switch uses MicroSD cards, what smaller cards would you use a MicroSD adapter? I was unaware they existed for the consumer.

At best we'll see support for USB C flash drives that allow extra MicroSD's at the bottom of the Switch. They'll add some bulk though

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think PS Vita has something? is it not a microSD card adapter in the form of a Vita cartridge? (i never looked into it, i just assumed that's what it was)

maybe once enough time passes, there will be a dual microSD adapter that can be read from the Switch cartridge slot?

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think PS Vita has something? is it not a microSD card adapter in the form of a Vita cartridge? (i never looked into it, i just assumed that's what it was)

maybe once enough time passes, there will be a dual microSD adapter that can be read from the Switch cartridge slot?

Vita has SD2Vita which goes into the Vita cartridge slot that let's you use MicroSD instead of Sony's overpriced memory cards. It'd be awesome if they made a SD2Switch device so we could run dual MicroSD cards :)

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vita has SD2Vita which goes into the Vita cartridge slot that let's you use MicroSD instead of Sony's overpriced memory cards. It'd be awesome if they made a SD2Switch device so we could run dual MicroSD cards :)
Why not just buy a larger SD? SD2Vita exists only because the vita uses overpriced proprietary memory cards.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't help myself to give a funny answer. I don't think they make a dual micro sd adaptor and if they did i would assume you would need some kind of raid controller in the switch so it would see it as one physical device.

Sd cards are getting cheap, i got my 400gb for $115 shipped for a sandisk

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why not just buy a larger SD? SD2Vita exists only because the vita uses overpriced proprietary memory cards.

for the "collectors" i think 400gb microSD is not large enough for the full switch catalog, not to mention future games, and emulation.

SD card in normal slot + "SD2Switch" would allow 400GB+400GB+400GB all internal.

in internal mod chip would be cool too :D.

perhaps when loading from USB is supported, we can connect something (microSD adapter) to the usb internally (but yet still allows docking/charging)

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Price of larger cards doesn't always make sense....2 256GB cards would be less than $200 and give you 512GB and a single 400GB card is roughly $200 by itself. You would get more storage...512GB cards are $350 at B&H Photo-Video-Audio (only place I could find a 512GB card). Also, some people may not realize how much storage they need. So they may get a 128GB card thinking it'll be enough storage for awhile, only to realize how fast 128GB gets filled up (I was one of those...)

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
There's a similar thread here with similarly unhelpful responses. I don't actually see any reason it wouldn't be possible, with custom firmware, though weather anybody would be inclined to make one is a different story altogether. Without CFW it's certainly not possible.

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Price of larger cards doesn't always make sense....2 256GB cards would be less than $200 and give you 512GB and a single 400GB card is roughly $200 by itself. You would get more storage...512GB cards are $350 at B&H Photo-Video-Audio (only place I could find a 512GB card). Also, some people may not realize how much storage they need. So they may get a 128GB card thinking it'll be enough storage for awhile, only to realize how fast 128GB gets filled up (I was one of those...)
I'm on the 128 wagon, would definitely go for 256 next time around. I will prob get a 256 for permanent games and use my 128 for swapouts

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
unless someone make an adapter that sticks out from the microSD slot using a ribbon and it ends with adapter with 2 microSD slots, i don't think there other way then that.
unless you mean another adapter in the game card.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch uses MicroSD cards, what smaller cards would you use a MicroSD adapter? I was unaware they existed for the consumer.

At best we'll see support for USB C flash drives that allow extra MicroSD's at the bottom of the Switch. They'll add some bulk though
better yet would be usb hdd loading for docked play

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually this is possible. You have to replace the daughter board with the slot with a passive adapter. The Switch talks to the gamecart ASIC over SDIO which is basically exactly what SD cards use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good morning