[Question] Pokémon XY language files?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by MaiconErick, May 15, 2016.

1. MaiconErick
    OP

MaiconErick Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    Brazil
    Hey,
    I'm interested in translating Pokémon XY/ORAS into Portuguese, but I can't seem to find the file locations.
    I never did something like this before, total newbie on this.
    I already dumped and decrypted the Y rom, looked at this website https://gist.github.com/nallar/367a195712dc9cfc6f6c to see if I can find anything about the language files, please help. :/
    It should be relatively not reaaaaally hard, shoudn't it? I mean, there are 7 languages.
    I really don't know much about these things, and there is some kind of metadata or anything like that?

Thank You.

2. Kaphotics

Kaphotics badc0ded

Sep 10, 2010
    United States
    a/0/7/[2-9]: text (ja-kana, ja-kanji, en, fr, it, de, es, ko)
    a/0/8/[0-7]: script text

Just use pk3DS; replace one of languages (like French).

3. MaiconErick
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    Brazil
    LOL, I swear I checked one by one to see if I find something interesting haha
    There's no problem to extend the text size if I format it correctly right? \n \c \r
    The game won't crash later because of memory leak or something like that, right?
    It is actually really easier than I thought, I'll keep testing what other things I can do with this, thank you.

4. Kaphotics

Kaphotics badc0ded

Sep 10, 2010
    United States
    Correct, just don't have 1000 characters or whatever in a message. I'm not sure what the max chars per message is.

\n = new line
    \r = new line (press button before continuing)
    \c = clear all text

MaiconErick likes this.
  5. MaiconErick
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    Brazil
    I feel like I didn't have enough searching, I didn't know about this program.
    But anyway, thank you, I have some knowledge from GBA hacking, It'll be surely fun to use this. :>

6. MaiconErick
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    Brazil
    Is there any [VAR GENDBR] to check the gender of the Pokémon instead of the player?