Hardware Question on XL Nand Backup (regarding Win32 Imager)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 942
  • Replies 3
D

Deleted User

OP
Ok, so I have everything wired, sd card reader is detecting the machine, 3ds is in BsOd mode, so here's the question:

I was unable to read the unit without first going into file and making one, which I just called 9-9.bin. Was this correct to do, or was I meant to be able to read it without making 9-9.bin first? I just want to be sure that what I am backing up is infact how it is meant to be.

Also, how do I check that it is 100% a correct backup copy? Hash check multiple copies?

Edit: Ok, I got it to read multiple times and compared 4 copies to each other, and they were all 100%, but now when I try to write to the device, I get an Error 1117. Anyone know what to do now?

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

OP
Is the SD write protection tab missing? That's usually the problem.
Hey, thanks for responding to the thread, I actually figured it out. The SD Reader I was using at the time use PCI-E and a fair few programs don't work with that, so I bought a few cheap usb-SD readers from my local dollar store and one of them worked INSTANTLY. So if anyone ever comes across this thread for answers, try a few different sd readers, especially try usb-sd readers!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Welcome!