Question on XL Nand Backup (regarding Win32 Imager)

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by StarGazerTom, Sep 17, 2015.

1. StarGazerTom
    OP

StarGazerTom GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2015
    Ok, so I have everything wired, sd card reader is detecting the machine, 3ds is in BsOd mode, so here's the question:

I was unable to read the unit without first going into file and making one, which I just called 9-9.bin. Was this correct to do, or was I meant to be able to read it without making 9-9.bin first? I just want to be sure that what I am backing up is infact how it is meant to be.

Also, how do I check that it is 100% a correct backup copy? Hash check multiple copies?

Edit: Ok, I got it to read multiple times and compared 4 copies to each other, and they were all 100%, but now when I try to write to the device, I get an Error 1117. Anyone know what to do now?

Last edited by StarGazerTom, Sep 17, 2015
  2. StarGazerTom
    OP

Feb 2, 2015
    Bump

3. hundshamer

hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Blacklisted Trader
    May 22, 2009
    United States
    Is the SD write protection tab missing? That's usually the problem.

4. StarGazerTom
    OP

Feb 2, 2015
    Hey, thanks for responding to the thread, I actually figured it out. The SD Reader I was using at the time use PCI-E and a fair few programs don't work with that, so I bought a few cheap usb-SD readers from my local dollar store and one of them worked INSTANTLY. So if anyone ever comes across this thread for answers, try a few different sd readers, especially try usb-sd readers!