Zaiga

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sort of thinking about buying an Acekard 2. I've heard pretty good things about it so it sounds like a good cart. I just want to know where to buy it from now. I know Dealextreme has the cheapest prices, but they seem to deliver slower than Leetmod and Kickgaming. I'm also not sure if they test their products before shipping. Now, regarding Leetmod and Kickgaming, they are Canadian sites and they ship faster. But the Acekard 2 is more expensive. It'd be great to have some opinions about this, thanks.

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you dont mind paying a extra $7, id go with leetmod. DX's service and price is great but they're just a little far from you so it'll take 2 or more weeks to get to you. And as for testing with leetmod:
QUOTE said:
We do our best to ensure that every single product has been fully tested before we ship. All merchandise from Leetmod.com is covered with ONE year Manufacturer's Warranty if not stated. If you received a DOA (dead on arrival) item, please contact us immediately for an exchange.

Topfragger

Trophies
XP
Country
I recommend a Supercard DSone over an AK2 or even a Cyclo, believe me the AK2's cartridge built sucks and it will make you feel like you bought a piece of crap..

Besides the difference between AK2 and SCDS1 is only like 10$ is that too much for something that is cheaper than a Cyclo and has RTS Cheat database and such? doesn't support multiple skinning like the AK2 but ask yourself which is more important.
the Acekard team needs to redesign their cartridge casing, it's too flimsy and shameful when compared to the RPG and Acekard 1

Zankurou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AK2 isn't that flimsy.
tongue.gif

mhkwong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Zankurou said:
AK2 isn't that flimsy.
tongue.gif

well out of 5 flashcarts i got... ak2 feels more flimsy than others.... but the first one to break is the m3real... =.=!! I still say ak2 is worth it tho.

back to topic... i brought my AK2 and CycloDS from DX, my AK.rpg from BambooGaming, my m3real from divineo and finally my r4 was brought in a shop in Hong Kong.

out of all those online shops. DX is the cheapest and fastest (payin a little extra can get your item in 3-4 days. inc. processing time) BambooGaming is quite good too (but the shop is annoying since they dont accept paypal directly. you have to pay them through their sister site) divineo is the worst online shop i used.... false advertising on items, saying items are in stock when they isnt. item suppose to arrive in 1 week. end up arriving in 6 weeks for me. sent them about a dozen email complain, takes them 4 days to each email.)

so its up to u. i say go for DX.

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kingof4j said:
Zankurou said:
AK2 isn't that flimsy.
tongue.gif

well out of 5 flashcarts i got... ak2 feels more flimsy than others.... but the first one to break is the m3real... =.=!! I still say ak2 is worth it tho.

back to topic... i brought my AK2 and CycloDS from DX, my AK.rpg from BambooGaming, my m3real from divineo and finally my r4 was brought in a shop in Hong Kong.

out of all those online shops. DX is the cheapest and fastest (payin a little extra can get your item in 3-4 days. inc. processing time) BambooGaming is quite good too (but the shop is annoying since they dont accept paypal directly. you have to pay them through their sister site) divineo is the worst online shop i used.... false advertising on items, saying items are in stock when they isnt. item suppose to arrive in 1 week. end up arriving in 6 weeks for me. sent them about a dozen email complain, takes them 4 days to each email.)

when did you buy a cyclo from DX? I thought they didn't carry cyclos....

Zaiga

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not really interested in the add ons like cheats and stuff. I'm only interested in the games it can play xD So most people like to order from DX? I don't know, I feel a little safer with Leetmod but thanks for the help guys.

Also,
Topfragger said:
I recommend a Supercard DSone over an AK2 or even a Cyclo, believe me the AK2's cartridge built sucks and it will make you feel like you bought a piece of crap..

Besides the difference between AK2 and SCDS1 is only like 10$ is that too much for something that is cheaper than a Cyclo and has RTS Cheat database and such? doesn't support multiple skinning like the AK2 but ask yourself which is more important.
the Acekard team needs to redesign their cartridge casing, it's too flimsy and shameful when compared to the RPG and Acekard 1

Is the Acekard 2 flimsy enough to snap from normal usage? Because I already feel like I bought a piece of crap... I bought an N5. And does DX test their products?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Go with DX if you want to save money. Otherwise, leetmod is great. I've ordered from both of them. DX took about 3 weeks whereas with leetmod I received my order two days later. Leetmod responds to their e-mail quickly (usually same day), and they test the carts before sending them to you.

The AK2 mostly feels a bit flimsy because it's held together with plastic clips. I think if you glued it shut it would feel much more solid. Nonetheless, I don't feel like it's going to fall apart (and besides it's inside the NDS all the time).

-Bri

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zaiga said:
I'm not really interested in the add ons like cheats and stuff. I'm only interested in the games it can play xD So most people like to order from DX? I don't know, I feel a little safer with Leetmod but thanks for the help guys.

Also,
Topfragger said:

Is the Acekard 2 flimsy enough to snap from normal usage? Because I already feel like I bought a piece of crap... I bought an N5. And does DX test their products?

Acekard 2 is highly praised by people so it should not break from normal usage. If you really don't care for features such as real time save, then go ahead and get the Acekard 2. The GUI is suppose to be great and super fast... and for 25$ on DX, you can't go wrong.

Now the choice between leetmod and DX.... leetmod has fast shipping times and they have more quality control w/ their products. However you will pay more (about 8$ more for the AK2 in comparison to buying at DX). DX is great for its super cheap prices, but not so for their shipping times (takes about 3 weeks to get to USA). Also, if you do get a defective product you get kind of screwed because even if you can send it back, it will take a week maybe to get there and at least ANOTHER 3 weeks for them to send it back.....

If you want the flashcart so badly, I would go w/ leetmod... but if you can wait I would go w/ DX. most ppl on this forum own numerous flashcarts, so they don't mind waiting for their DX order to arrive.. but it seems like you are a first time ds flashcart owner, so I don't know if you would want to wait possibly a month for something.... especially if you visit gbatemp alot and get the urge to play the ds haha.

mhkwong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Unchi-san said:
kingof4j said:
Zankurou said:
AK2 isn't that flimsy.
tongue.gif

when did you buy a cyclo from DX? I thought they didn't carry cyclos....

sorry. typo there... I got cyclo from BambooGaming. my NDS replacement shell from DX

mhkwong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Zaiga said:

Also,
Topfragger said:

Well i take my ak2 in and out a lot due to the fact that i like playing around with the settings and customising the 4 flashcarts i got. (5 flashcarts soon, ordered a DSTT) it hasnt broke yet. and my m3Real has (2 of the clippers, and i didnt even try to open it up.) N5? aint that just a clone of the R4? R4 is good but its clones? errr... no thank you.

hmm DX test their products? i dont think so... well if they do, they didnt check my tf card reader for my ak2 then. its DOA.

anyway. just go with your heart. accorting to the reviews on gbatemp. both DX and leetmod are good. so just see what your budget is like and how long you willing to wait for a flashcart.

g3p3nk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hmm.. i dont know how fast leetmod compared to DX. but i bought my AK2 from DX, and within 8days after i placed the order, there i got my AK2 right in front of my door ^ ^
not to mention it's cheaper.

oh and i live in canada too (ontario to be exact) x]

lewjay

Trophies
XP
Country
shaunj66 said:
Anyone thinking of buying an Acekard 2 should perhaps hold off for a couple of weeks
biggrin.gif

You may just be able to get one for free soon
wink.gif
Order: placed on 5/12/2008 10:23:28 PM
frown.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Zaiga said:

i'd be more worried about how the n5 can fry a resistor and brick your ds with normal everyday use.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?