Question on updating

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jbm715, May 22, 2010.

May 22, 2010

Question on updating by jbm715 at 7:38 AM (669 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. jbm715
    OP

Newcomer jbm715 Member

United States
    Ok so I have a softmodded 4.1U Wii. I have ios 222 and 249 for USB loading with cfg usb loader and ios 202 for usb 2.0 support for WiiMC. I'm wanting to update my wii to 4.2U. I plan on using NUS AUTO Downloader to get all the updated IOSs to do so. What I am wondering is if when I actually update the system menu will the previously mentioned IOSes be removed or stubbed?

Also I've used mymenufiy to change the look of my system menu. I recall that the changes I made were for 4.1 only. Could these changes cause a problem?

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    it wont install stub ios's or overwrite your cios's (@ least not without u doing so consciously and on purpose)

custom themes are "uninstalled" when u install a new version of the system menu, so it wont be a problem to overwrite that

u can always make themes for 4.2 using the same underlying mym file if u want

3. jbm715
    OP

Newcomer jbm715 Member

United States
    Thanks XFlak! I now have my Wii as 4.2 thanks to you and your awesome NUS Downloader....and I love turning on my wii to see the family guy mario princess crazy intro haha.