Question on trading Pokemon with an M3 and a DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Xirix, Mar 22, 2009.

Mar 22, 2009
  1. Xirix

Member Xirix GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I have an M3DS Real with the GBA Expansion, it's been a while since I've picked up my Pokemon games, so I was wondering if I could get some information regarding trading?

1) Is there anyway to trade from GBA game to GBA game, wether it be the original cart or using the M3 GBA Expansion, using a NDS Lite?

2)Could I somehow use the Pal Park function from Pearl/Diamond/Platinum to transfer pokemon using a GBA game played with the GBA Expansion?

If there aren't any ways to do these two things, are there any workarounds? I don't have a gameboy advance and even if I did, that wouldn't help the M3 GBA Expansion.

Any information would be much appreciated.

2. Joey Ravn

Member Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Aug 29, 2007
    1. No, there is no way to use the link function when in GBA mode on DS.
    2. Yes, for Diamond and Pearl there's a "poképatch" that modifies the ROM to "search" the data needed to transfer pokémons from the GBA flashcart to the DS game. It's available on the downloads section of GBATemp, IIRC. Dunno if it works with Platinum, since the game itself is different from DP.