Question on ROM Hacking

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Raqib12, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Raqib12
    OP

Raqib12 GBAtemp Regular

May 6, 2007
    United States
    So, I recently got It's a Wonderful World and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles on my R4DS; and I have no experiencce in that what-so-ever; I've been wanting to make a translation on a game for a long time, after seeing people like Phantasian-Productions work on game patchs; I thought I'd help the community as well.

I'm enjoying It's a Wonderful World A LOT; and I want other people to be able to enjoy it as well.

2. deufeufeu

deufeufeu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2005
    It's why games are sold in other countries too. If you want to make your first steps here, choose a japanese only game, preferably a small one, like a puzzle game.

3. Raqib12
    OP

Raqib12 GBAtemp Regular

May 6, 2007
    United States
    ? But I wanted to get It's a Wonderful World done T_T

I just need something like a script dumper/inserter and I'll be good for a week or two

4. deufeufeu

deufeufeu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2005
    This is the hardest thing to do.

5. Raqib12
    OP

Raqib12 GBAtemp Regular

May 6, 2007
    United States
    Oh... Okay, what can get me started then? A small puzzle game so... Something like Puyo Pop? Even though it was released here, the most important thing is learning how to do it =P

6. Raqib12
    OP

Raqib12 GBAtemp Regular

May 6, 2007
    United States
    Okay, I'm using NDSTool, but I don't know exactly how to run the ROM through?

Edit: Nevermind, I figured that out XP; where do the files dump to?

Edit 2: I'm using DSLazy, I've got it all for now.. Thanks XP

7. JacobReaper

JacobReaper I Love You....

Jun 5, 2007
    United States
    Spoomo
    it will come soon enough.. [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice