Homebrew Question on "New" Nintendo 2DS XL

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am considering on purchasing one so I can use to install CFW and use Homebrew. If I do decide to buy one, will I still be able to install CFW and use Homebrew on it despite it's software version? If I am able to, is the 3ds.guide recommended to use? What is the current best tutorial to follow?

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You answered your own question.
Pretty much. I am really just making sure that this is the current best way to do it, I guess.
What about CFW? Is there one that stands out from the others? How is everyone doing it currently?

I've been away for a bit.

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS Guide is the best, don't worry, you can install cfw or homebrew to any firmware version, just buy a cheap NTRboothax flashcard like the r4i gold 3ds rts plus.

Well, I have the SuperCard DSTWO PLUS. Just yesterday I bought the New Nintendo 2DS XL ‑ Pokemon Poke Ball Edition. I inserted my FlashCard to test out and play, which has a 200GB Micro SDXC inserted into but when I hit launch it didn't load as usual how it does on my DS Lite, I just flash a white screen and remained on a black one shortly after.

What am I doing wrong?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either way, as long as the cartridge isn't broken, b9s can be flashed to it. Try using the dsi that was able to boot it to install the exploit.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is Reinand that updated for B9S (Rei6 isnt it?) but yea Luma became the same as M33 did for PSP (well thats what now Pro? i dont recall as i havent touched my PSP in years but im off topic) it wouldnt hurt investing in a separate card for ntrboot as an emergency backup while leaving the DSTwo+ for DS Compatibility (unless it now also can do both at once as i thought only the AK2i and the Designed-for b9s R4i card had this functionality)

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either way, as long as the cartridge isn't broken, b9s can be flashed to it. Try using the dsi that was able to boot it to install the exploit.
Yeah my cartridge isn't broken. I don't understand what you mean by "b9s" I'm not fully versed or how to flash it to it. The other console I have is a DS Lite and when I tried using the 200gb sdxc in the DSTWO PLUS pretty much the same thing happened it hangs on a black screen. Is there a fix to this?

All of them?
I'm not sure what you mean. All of them? I'm not sure if MicroSDXC’s of 200gb are compatible with the SuperCard DS Two Plus..

there is Reinand that updated for B9S (Rei6 isnt it?) but yea Luma became the same as M33 did for PSP (well thats what now Pro? i dont recall as i havent touched my PSP in years but im off topic) it wouldnt hurt investing in a separate card for ntrboot as an emergency backup while leaving the DSTwo+ for DS Compatibility (unless it now also can do both at once as i thought only the AK2i and the Designed-for b9s R4i card had this functionality)
Yeah, I don't understand what you mean by "b9s" I'm not fully versed on the hacking scene.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah my cartridge isn't broken. I don't understand what you mean by "b9s" I'm not fully versed or how to flash it to it. The other console I have is a DS Lite and when I tried using the 200gb sdxc in the DSTWO PLUS pretty much the same thing happened it hangs on a black screen. Is there a fix to this?

I'm not sure what you mean. All of them? I'm not sure if MicroSDXC’s of 200gb are compatible with the SuperCard DS Two Plus..

Yeah, I don't understand what you mean by "b9s" I'm not fully versed on the hacking scene.
The 200gb sd card is probably overkill. Try just using a small sd card such as 8gb or 32gb. If you don't have any of those try formatting the card to fat32.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr