Mugiwara RAWR!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I know there must be someone who knows much about the Metroid series (SpaceJump
wink.gif
). Something tells me this question can be answered easily but I'll ask anyway.

So whats my big question? I'll get to that but first a think a little background information is needed to support my question first.
Ok so, Ms. Samus Aran has been wearing her Power Suit for quite some time. Her suit was created by the Chozo, the alien race that raised her since she was young. Now the Chozo were an intellegent race, much of the galaxy admired their knowledge. The Chozo created other weapons, like the Power Suit, and were placed on several planets. Now, Samus uses these weapons or "power-ups", to complete her dangerous missions.

So whats my question? I'm getting to that...
Most players believe that the areas Samus travel through were specifically designed for her (like numerous tunnels that the fits the Morph ball perfectly) but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out 'that doesn't make sense'. My first assumption was that the Chozo equipment were designed to upgrade or expand the Power Suit. When you look at it that way, it doesn't make sense. The Chozo wouldn't leave upgrades specifically for Samus. Another explanation would be that there are more than one Power Suit, and while that could be very well possible, I realize now thats not the case. The Chozo power-up aren't Power suit upgrades, they seem to work for anyone and anything. Theres many example I can give you, but Metroid Prime 2 comes to mind. If you recall, the 'Boost Guardian' used the Boost Ball ability without the need of a Power Suit. I can name alot more cases (mostly from Metroid Fusion) but I won't.

What's my point? Ok I'll tell you.
Why in the world do the Chozo leave powerful technology just laying around for just anyone to use!? I can't figure it out. I mean, even the Pirates can use it if they get their hands on it right? I'm sure the Chozo wouldn't assist the Pirates. So why?
Another thing, why do the Galactic Federation have all that Chozo technology in their possesion and don't use it (I'm referring to Metroid Fusion mainly)?

I think I had another question but I can't remember right now, I'll get back to you guys on that.

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Chozo are the ones who raised Samus when she was a kid and gave her the Power Suit and trained her as a warrior. I've recently watched Metroid Retrospective and most of those stuff made more sense to me. I had no clue about Samus's story before.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the technology was originally developed by the Chozo specifically for Samus' use only. Keep in mind that she was the only human they had adopted into their clan in, like, the history of all Chozoity (lol wut). Somewhere down the line somebody probably unlocked the potential of the Chozo technology and began giving it out or selling it or whatevers. Of course the Chozo are, like, the smartest mother fuckers in the galaxy, but this one person/alien/gummi bear(?) seems to be more intelligent then this all-powerful race. Of course if this creature-thing ever revealed itself, well, there would be a new bounty for Samus to hunt down and rape. So now the Chozos are all like "Shit, shit, someone's hacking our shit!" but they don't go around saying it like it's a big thing cuz then all the galaxy would be all like "loln00bz". They remain calm and keep developing stuff for Samus while secretly trying to locate this one fucker who keeps fucking with all their shit.

(Another way to look at it: | Chozo = Sony | Chozo Tech. = PSP | Samus = PSP Owners/Market | Gummi Bear = Glorious PSP Hackers)

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Sep 7 2007, 08:51 AM)]I think the technology was originally developed by the Chozo specifically for Samus' use only. Keep in mind that she was the only human they had adopted into their clan in, like, the history of all Chozoity (lol wut). Somewhere down the line somebody probably unlocked the potential of the Chozo technology and began giving it out or selling it or whatevers. Of course the Chozo are, like, the smartest mother fuckers in the galaxy, but this one person/alien/gummi bear(?) seems to be more intelligent then this all-powerful race. Of course if this creature-thing ever revealed itself, well, there would be a new bounty for Samus to hunt down and rape. So now the Chozos are all like "Shit, shit, someone's hacking our shit!" but they don't go around saying it like it's a big thing cuz then all the galaxy would be all like "loln00bz". They remain calm and keep developing stuff for Samus while secretly trying to locate this one fucker who keeps fucking with all their shit.

(Another way to look at it: | Chozo = Sony | Chozo Tech. = PSP | Samus = PSP Owners/Market | Gummi Bear = Glorious PSP Hackers)

Lol
rofl2.gif

Thats a good way to look at it, but at this point, I doubt the Chozo are still making equipment for Samus. Whatever is made was probably made a long time ago, if it was made for Samus in the first place. Maybe they developed it to stop a great threat or something... I dunno, I don't care. I don't think it was specifically for Samus. I think of the Power Suit more like an storage system. Most of the time, when you see other enemies with Chozo equipment, they usually have only one power(With the exception of that boss in Fusion, who's name I can't remember). I think the Power Suit allows her to store more than one 'expansion' and utilize them all without the risk of damaging her human body. Another reason I doubt Chozo make there stuff for Samus, is because of Metroid Prime 2. Now I know the Luminoth and the Chozo (the two most brilliant races in the galaxy) were helping each other at one point or another, but there happens to be Luminoth weapons on their home planet, that Samus can utilize herself. If you think I'm wrong about the "everyone and anyone can use the Chozo technology" thingy, then peep this. Assuming that I am wrong, that means the Chozo and Luminoth (And quite possibly the Galactic Federation) BOTH worked on the Power Suit. Now if I'm mistaken, the last Chozo/Luminoth encounter was before Samus was even born (I don't know her real age, but I'm assuming shes pretty young since MP2 is well before Metroid II). Now maybe I missed a Lore or two in the game but I think I'm right. That would mean that the Power Suit was not designed for Samus. Yes, the Chozo gave her her own suit, but it was probably customized for her, there could possibly be an original out there.

This is just speculations, not all of it is 100% fact, but from the information given that seems to be a good explanation.
Still don't know why the Chozo leave there stuff laying around several places...
unsure.gif

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What about the fact that there were infact 2 seperate power suits? Samus's suit was destroyed in Zero Mission and she was given a new one. Stupid but it happened. Not to mention that if you look at the chozo statue in Metroid Prime 3, it seems to have a figure that's very similar to the Varia Suit. Is it not possible that perhaps the upgrades were intended for all of the chozo race and that perhaps the Power Suit is just one instance of a way that a non-chozo being can use these abilities? While other ways might include the fact that the Ing and X Parasites could consume and adapt to their pray, be it mechanical or living? Anyways, I don't follow the storyline much and I don't really care about the answer but thought I'd throw this out there.

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was just about to add the bit about the 2nd suit in Zero Mission. My point is why do the Chozo leave their equipment. From my point of view, its already obviously that it was not intended for Samus, as any being can use it. The only reason would be that there was a great threat in the galaxy that common technology could not defeat, similar to Gorea in Metroid Prime Hunters.

I'm not looking for a correct answer (though one that could be proven would be nice
smile.gif
), but I would still like people opinions. Thanks.

@ AshuraZero - Do the Ing really consume and adapt to their prey? I don't seem to remember any instance of that, other than consuming the Chozo equipment, which also happens in other creatures.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My point is why do the Chozo leave their equipment. From my point of view, its already obviously that it was not intended for Samus, as any being can use it. The only reason would be that there was a great threat in the galaxy that common technology could not defeat, similar to Gorea in Metroid Prime Hunters.

This is exactly the point. Take a look at Tallon IV: The Phazon meteor crashed into it and the Chozo sealed Metroid Prime away, leaving their equipment for their saviour. In this case it was Samus. You can read in the lores that the Chozo knew that their saviour would come and that he/she would find the equipment to defeat Metroid Prime.
Now the question is, did the Chozo know that their saviour would be Samus? That I cannot answer.

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My point is why do the Chozo leave their equipment. From my point of view, its already obviously that it was not intended for Samus, as any being can use it. The only reason would be that there was a great threat in the galaxy that common technology could not defeat, similar to Gorea in Metroid Prime Hunters.

This is exactly the point. Take a look at Tallon IV: The Phazon meteor crashed into it and the Chozo sealed Metroid Prime away, leaving their equipment for their saviour. In this case it was Samus. You can read in the lores that the Chozo knew that their saviour would come and that he/she would find the equipment to defeat Metroid Prime.
Now the question is, did the Chozo know that their saviour would be Samus? That I cannot answer.

You make a good point, I can see the Chozo having profit figure among their race, but, there can't be a powerful being like Metroid Prime on every planet. The Chozo would have no real reason to drop their things off on other planets that are not in danger. Tallon IV, Aether, Zebes, and SR388 are probably the only ones that make sense. The Chozo would have no reason to leave there stuff on other planets. If you take your Tallon IV example and assume there was a greater threat, then that means the entity has already been taken care of by different warrior and the Chozo equipment was left intact.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

You make a good point, I can see the Chozo having profit figure among their race, but, there can't be a powerful being like Metroid Prime on every planet. The Chozo would have no real reason to drop their things off on other planets that are not in danger. Tallon IV, Aether, Zebes, and SR388 are probably the only ones that make sense. The Chozo would have no reason to leave there stuff on other planets. If you take your Tallon IV example and assume there was a greater threat, then that means the entity has already been taken care of by different warrior and the Chozo equipment was left intact.

The Metroids are a potential threat to every planet, seeing how the Space Pirates want to use them as a weapon. Also the X come to mind as they also can be a great threat against the whole galaxy (Fusion). The Chozo always were aware of the threat by the X and the Metroids, which they created to fight the X. That's reason enough for every Chozo planet to research and create new weapons to be prepared.

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But the X Parasite weren't a problem before were they? If I'm not mistaken, the X resided only in SR388. So if the Chozo used the Metroid to fight against the X, then that means the weapons were created to defeat the Metroids. Why would the Chozo try to eradicate their own "ultimate warrior"?

I like that answer though, seems to make a lot more sense now.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why would the Chozo try to eradicate their own "ultimate warrior"?

Because after the Metroids defeated the X, the Chozo lost control over the Metroids. They realized what potential threat the Metroids could be for the whole galaxy (and we know they were right to think that). So they created weapons (for Samus, but not only for her I assume) to now fight the enemy they themselves created.
Maybe they left the equippment behind for someone to fight the Metroids because they felt responsible for the threat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: