Hacking Question on How to Download ROMS

websurfer49

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I don't understand.

I finished installing homebrew. It works.

I plugged in my 2 TB external harddrive and reformatted it.

When i plugged the 2TB back into my PC it doesn't show up. I did some googling and found out why.

What I don't understand is how i am supposed to download ROMs onto my external hard drive if it doesn't hook up to my PC anymore?

What is the best method for downloading roms / transferring the data?

Thanks very much!

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Welcome to GBAtemp´s Wii U Section.

Guys I don't understand.

I finished installing homebrew. It works.

I plugged in my 2 TB external harddrive and reformatted it.

When i plugged the 2TB back into my PC it doesn't show up. I did some googling and found out why.

What I don't understand is how i am supposed to download ROMs onto my external hard drive if it doesn't hook up to my PC anymore?

What is the best method for downloading roms / transferring the data?

Thanks very much!

The HDD is formatted with the Wii U´s special Format and will no longer recognized under Windows.
That is normal.:)

For your Rom Questions.
If you mean Wii U Games,you need some Tools for Example
for the PC -> Wii U USB Helper/Launcher or
for the Wii U -> @V10lator ´s NUSspli Tool
to get them,place it on your Wii U´s SD Card and install them with WUP-Installer GX2 for Example to the HDD.:)
(or to the Wii U Nand but that Space is very limited and therefor not really the recommended Way for theGames)

You will find many Threads and Manuals here on GBAtemp for this Topics.

Good luck and
Thank you.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: BaamAlex

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Find games in WUP Installable format (should be a bunch of .app files) put them on an sd card in a folder called install. Install with WUP Installer GX 2 which will install the game to the Wii U formatted hard drive.

For a huge list of games that do this (practically every Wii U + more) google "reddit WIi U Usb Helper workaround"

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@websurfer49 You don't want to download straight to USB (except when using NUSspli but even there it's a relative untested feature) but put the installable files (.app, .h3,. tik, .cert and .cmd files) you downloaded on the SD card and install them from there to USB. Put them in a folder like this: "sd:/install/TheGameName [TID]".

for the Wii U -> @V10lator ´s NUSspli Tool
to get them,place it on your Wii U´s SD Card and install them with WUP-Installer GX2 for Example to the HDD.:)
There's no reason to use WUP installer in combination with NUSspli: NUSspli is able to install everything WUP installer is able to install (if not that's a bug so please report it) and designed to download and install in one run. :)

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.