zergslayer69

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So my 3DS hasn't been touched in over 3 years and is on firmware 11.6 (no idea if this is ancient or not). I have a TON of eshop games purchased and want to pull the games off the system for emulation use (Citra) and also be able to pull the save files so I can resume from where I left off.

So the question is:
1) Is there some guide on how to decrypt and pull games off the system WITH the updates?
2) Can you batch convert?
3) How do you pull the save files? Is it possible to do it like checkpoint on the switch where you can just pull everything off the SD card at once?

I didn't see this in the sticky so I'm sorry if this isn't allowed. Just afraid to mess with my 3DS and make it unmoddable since I forgot how to do any of it.

AleronIves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GM9 will let you build CIA files from installed games and updates, but you have to do it one by one I think. Checkpoint will back up saves for installed games, but you have to do that one game at a time, too.

zergslayer69

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GM9 will let you build CIA files from installed games and updates, but you have to do it one by one I think. Checkpoint will back up saves for installed games, but you have to do that one game at a time, too.
Awesome so GM9 (is this short for something?) for games and checkpoint for saves. You wouldn't happen to have a link to the official download would you? Or whatever resources you can provide would be great.

Also does GM9 decrypt the game for citra? Or is that no longer an issue these days?

zergslayer69

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is your 3DS not moddet yet? You can visit https://3ds.hacks.guide/ for everything you need. GM9 is Godmode9, which is installed as part of the modding process. All you need is your 3DS set up with your Wi-Fi and a way to connect the SD card to your PC.
Ah yes I remember that link! Yup my 3DS is modded but it was years ago so I forgot everything about the 3ds modding scene. I'm skeptical about enabling wifi since I don't want nintendo pushing an update on me.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah yes I remember that link! Yup my 3DS is modded but it was years ago so I forgot everything about the 3ds modding scene. I'm skeptical about enabling wifi since I don't want nintendo pushing an update on me.
Any and all firmware updates are exploitable. So there shouldn't be anything that way to stop you.

Reactions: zergslayer69

zergslayer69

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Any and all firmware updates are exploitable. So there shouldn't be anything that way to stop you.
Is there a particular file I should update first before I do an official update so I can "protect" myself? Kind of like how we want to make sure we have the latest boot.dat from sxos (for the switch) before we do a system firmware update.

AleronIves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you have Luma3DS installed, it's supposed to protect itself so that system updates can't write to the area where it's stored and erase it, but I don't know what version added that feature, assuming it wasn't always present.

Reactions: zergslayer69

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0