Gaming Question on DVD Laser life.

LordErk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday(hallows eve) i flashed my Hitachi 47 to iXtreme 1.51, and im going to go buy a spindle of Verbatim DL DVD+R to burn with, i hear they are the best, and i used the Verbatim single layers for my WII until i switched to USB loading.

Since i have an old 360 and no way to get a bigger hard drive atm, i dont have the luxury of installing all my games. So my question is how much wear and tear will burned games cause on my 360's laser, because ive already burnt my wii's laser out(thank you USB loading) and i dont want to burn my 360's. i will eventually get a bigger hard drive, but until then i want to know my limitations.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Best, perhaps, you will not find many who will trash them though.

Even if you did install games it still needs the disc in and uses the laser a bit, good news is 360 drives are a whole lot easier to find online, quite cheap and you should already have your drive key anyway (this is the second reason you were told to back that key up several times over in whatever guide you were following).

Back on topic though: it is incredibly rare for the laser to die any quicker than the machine itself so nobody really worries about this sort of thing (especially when replacement drives are easy enough to get).

LordErk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the help
biggrin.gif

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My samsung drive had pretty much nothing but burnt media, drive lasted 3 years before I changed it and even then the laser was still fine, the drive had just seen better days (started to sometimes leave marks on discs and tray was sticking).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr