Question on cheats enabling on Acekard 2

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by MrRochie, Aug 9, 2008.

Aug 9, 2008
  1. MrRochie
    OP

Member MrRochie GBAtemp Regular

United States
    [​IMG]
    Greets again Dudes and Dudettes...
    Got a question on how to get my cheats to work on Acekard 2 . I downloaded the cheats.dat file and put it in my cheats folder on my 2gb microsd.
    Then I went to:
    1. menu, patches, and made sure cheat/action replay was enabled
    then to a game/properties/cheat
    It shows me a list of options like max crash or freeze timer with a X beside them
    2. I down arrow & select max crash then select rebuild
    I see a window with two choices rebuild .CC file A:ok B:cancel
    3. I select ok
    4. After it finishes I hit Y Sel DB but I do not see any CC databases only the Cheat.dat is there
    Am I missing something in this procedure??
    Don't I use the CC file I just rebuilt? so my cheats will work.
    When I look at the MicroSD, the .cc files are there in a separate folder
    The tree is:
    __aio/cheats/Cheats.dat & CC (folder) Inside the CC folder is all my rebuilds..

I can't seem to get to them through the acekard gui.. or do I even need to???
    I'm really confused on this process...... Not sure what the rebuilding is all about anyway..
    Can anyone help my dumb butt??... whaaa

2. Swip

Member Swip GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    When your done selecting your cheats you press "START" on your DS.

Rebuilding builds an individual .cc cheat database for that specific game from your main database.

3. IOwnAndPwnU

Member IOwnAndPwnU GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    I think you press "Select" because that's what it says.

4. MrRochie
    OP

United States
    [​IMG] Says Where?? After I confirm the rebuild I only left with 3 options (X rebuild, Y SelDB or B Cancel) Start and Select take me back to the properties window...... Im guessing at that pont I should hit ok?? Will that make the cheats work for my game? Or is there something else I should know.... Thanks guys.... [​IMG]

5. g4med4d

Member g4med4d GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm getting a bit confused with the cheat system as well.

In the cheat menu, after selecting which cheat to activate, if I pick X rebuild, the 'S1' icon will be flashing. After that, all the selected cheat items were cleared. I understand that the X rebuild will create a .cc file of which the game will read.

If however I choose to press 'select' to save selection. The 'S1' icon will be flashing and it'll return me to the Properties menu. When I re-enter the cheat menu, all the previously selected cheats are still there though.

So the big question is, what is the difference between choosing the rebuild and the select. Which will the game use?

6. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    You can always use a custom firmware for the AceKard 2 that lets you use the usrcheat.dat or cheat.dat file so you don't need o go through the process of compiling the codes.

7. MrRochie
    OP

United States
    [​IMG] I am using Custom Firmware {ACEKARD_AK_AIO_1.1r2) My cheat database is cheat.dat. Im glad I'm not the only one confused [​IMG] I seem to be going through the correct proceedure (rebuild and all) but When I actually play the game the cheats aren't activated.....For example... Let me step through it again...
    If I play Need for Speed underground 2 Here's what I do:
    Menu:
    Properties
    Tap Cheats (button)
    I see
    (X) Freeze Timer And Dumb All
    (X) Infinite Points for Upgrading
    (X) All Parts, Cars ANd Bonus Events Open
    (X) Infinite Turbo
    + BACKLIGHT CODES
    I tap (rebuild)
    I get Confirm window Rebuild .CC file?
    Tap (A ok)
    S1 Icon flashes
    Im back to Cheats Select =Save selection window
    My cheats are still there just like before (nothing has changed)
    I press select and Im taken back to the properties screen
    I tap ok
    then Im back to my list of games.
    If I start Need for Speed by taping the icon It starts normally without any cheats enabled?
    What am I doing wrong here??
    Anybody have a clue?
    Also when I look at my microsd on my PC in the CC folder
    the files are there so it is rebuilding, Just doesn't seem to be enabling them...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    It's really not a complicated process. Look if you have the cheats.dat file on your card in the right directory, just move to the game you want to play then go to the start menu and find the cheats menu.

Go through the menu, whichever cheats you want to use press A and the icon will change to show they're enabled. When you're done press start. Now play the game, and the hotkeys are start+select+up for enabled and start+select+down for disabled. You're making something very simple into something very needlessly complex.

9. MrRochie
    OP

United States
    [​IMG] Thanks Dib.... 1st problem I assumed in the cheats menu that (X) meant enabled and (O) meant disabled but its the opposite and I also needed the hotkey info... I would think all that info would be in a tutorial somewhere? Also whats the purpose of the rebuild if I have to go through the cheats menus each time I play a game??? BTW Can the cheats be enabled or disabled at any point during a game play ?? Thanks to all da peeps for helping this dumb wanker [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    The rebuild button is too reload the cheats from the cheat database file. This is helpful if theres new cheats in the database as you can just click rebuild and then re enable the cheats you had before.

11. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Like I said, there are two hotkeys so refer to my post above. As far as this goes however, I believe I've caught a bug where cheats are permanently disabled after resetting (start+select+L+R) a game. So far I've confirmed it with Zelda and FFTA2, though this is using the AIO loader and I've been too lazy to attempt it on the first party one because I'm not convinced anything would be done anyway.

12. MrRochie
    OP

United States
    YA YA What Dib SAId.....

13. g4med4d

Member g4med4d GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I see! So using 'Select' to activate the cheat items is the correct method then?

14. kneecaps

Newcomer kneecaps Newbie

Canada
    Yea im cofused too. I have Pokemon Platinum (J) and i found a pokesav for platinum that has been translated into english but will work for platinum (J) and i have an xml. file and a dat. file cuz i used a different program when pokesav didn't work and i can't rebuild either of the files. I can get to them and when i choose one it says no cheats found in Cheat DB. So i wanna know how to get these stupid codes to work. Can someone help plz?!?!?!?!

15. VatoLoco

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

United States
    Using AKAIO, of course-

first off, get the latest usrcheat.dat from Narins awesome cheat database and put it in the 'cheats' folder.

then make sure you have the cheats enabled in 'patches' (start> patches> cheat/action replay = enabled),

and in the games setings (y> y(rom settings)> cheat/action replay = enabled)

1. choose a game press 'y' to get to its properties

2. press 'select' to open the cheats

3. choose your cheats by pressing 'a'

4. when your done picking cheats, press 'select'

to disable the cheats while playing the game, press start+select+down,

and to re-enable them, press start+select+up

16. syd_jazz

Newcomer syd_jazz Newbie

Australia
    i am glad i'm not the only one. i got acekard2i for dsi and i am trying to get cheats to work for animal crossing wild world.
    i tried every cheat possible on http://cheats.gbatemp.net/
    nothing! [​IMG]
    there has to be any easy way.
    or doesnt cheatdat have animal crossing. i looked on the list and it said it did. or is it the game version? btw how do you know what game version you have anyway.
    signed frsutrated with technology.

17. spdyrel

Newcomer spdyrel Newbie

United States
    I have the same problem (different game though). The xml is the only one saying "rebuilding cheats" and works but barely has any cheats on it. I know there are cheats for the game I'm trying to do (GTA) because it worked on my itouch ds card on my old ds. I have the latest package from the massive cheat thread too. My old itouch ds card was soooooo much easier. Too bad I cant use it on my dsi. Is there something I'm missing (I followed VatoLoco)?

18. LordVanitas

Newcomer LordVanitas Advanced Member

United States
    Hey i have a similar problem i guess......i added the codes that i needed on my usrcheat.dat and enabled them and yet it still didnt work. then i added on my xml sheet for my acekard and it still didnt work.

P.S
    i used
    cc
    and the
    R4CCE
    neither worked

does any one have a solution to my problem?

Thank you! [​IMG]