Question on booting into gateway 3ds mode on Old 3ds XL

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Xelsus031, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Xelsus031
    OP

Xelsus031 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2015
    Hey guys first post so go easy on me
    Basically ive just upgraded my SD card from a 4Gb that came with the 3ds XL to a 32gb as mine was constantly full of .cia,updates,photos etc
    i used to boot into gateway by pressing profile then other profile settings and that in turn would boot me into gateway/emunand mode and i could play my games and cia files
    after changing sd card it seems that the only way for me to boot into gateway/emunand mode is go to the net on the 3ds and type go.gateway-3ds.com which boots me into gateway/emunand i was just wondering if there is a way to boot gateway without the internet method mentioned above as i dont always have internet access etc
    Thanks
    Xelsus

2. YourHero

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    If you have an android phone with 4.4 or lower you can use an android app to send the exploit to the browser. I have an android on 5.1.1 so I have to use the app and manually enable tethering, but it still works.

Xelsus031 likes this.
  3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Changing SD card shouldn't matter. You can use the DS profile exploit like before, as long as you're on 4.x.

Xelsus031 likes this.
  4. Xelsus031
    OP

Xelsus031 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2015
    Hey I am on 4.5 sysnand how do I use the profile exploit

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Thanks for the reply unfortunately I have a windows phone but hopefully this will help others

5. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    http://scmods.com//v3.1.pdf page 18

Xelsus031 likes this.
  6. Xelsus031
    OP

Xelsus031 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2015
    Thanks for all your replies didn't realise o could just press the install vram to get it to boot like before problem sorted now all working great
    :D
    Xelsus