Hardware [Question] Metal Shell Case for "New" 3DS XL?

SkyChotik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought this case here and it sucks. The metal peels away from the plastic, and the tabs that keep the part on the top screen broke off

So, my question here is, is there another metal case, that looks good, and doesn't suck?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TNP New 3DS XL Case (Silver) - Plastic + Aluminium Full Body Protective Snap-on Hard Shell Skin Case Cover for New Nintendo 3DS LL XL 2015

SkyChotik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TNP New 3DS XL Case (Silver) - Plastic + Aluminium Full Body Protective Snap-on Hard Shell Skin Case Cover for New Nintendo 3DS LL XL 2015
That's the one I just linked, and it broke, like really fast. I didn't even use it that much and the plastic tabs in the corners all snapped off.

SkyChotik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but the main reason I'm even getting a case is for aesthetics, and I don't want to use skins.

My girlfriend and I have the same model/color 3ds and we keep getting them confused when her or I don't have some sort of case on.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you just want to tell them apart at a glance, you could put a lanyard/wrist strap or a charm in the lanyard hook of one of them. maybe that'll help until you find a better case.

DChronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to see someone machine a metal replacement shell for these systems with a coat of the non-conductive "paint" they put on circuit boards on the inside of the shell. It'd be a bit of work moving all the guts from the plastic shell to the metal one, but it'd be pretty cool and hard to break. Add a silicone rubber protective skin to it and you'd have a virtual "military grade" 3DS.

Reactions: SkyChotik

SkyChotik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to see someone machine a metal replacement shell for these systems with a coat of the non-conductive "paint" they put on circuit boards on the inside of the shell. It'd be a bit of work moving all the guts from the plastic shell to the metal one, but it'd be pretty cool and hard to break. Add a silicone rubber protective skin to it and you'd have a virtual "military grade" 3DS.

I would LOVE THAT just gotta find someone to do it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Ah shit, here we go again. I ain't represented Grove Street in five years, but the...