Hacking [Question] Menuhacks + Luma

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a friend of mine was just trying to update his Menuhax setup to a newer version of Luma. He is using a boot manager to load the .3dsx of Luma. Anyway, anytime he replaces the Luma3DS.3dsx with the newer version he get's a red screen from menuhax. I looked around for a solution to the "red screen" which I'm pretty sure means it can't find the file it needs, but when he replaces the old .3dsx file, it loads just fine. I gave him the link to the official Github/installation and upgrade and he said he followed it to a T with all the right files, but no go. Can anyone else help? He just gave up so I figured I'd ask.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If he is using menuhax to load a CFW, it means he is on 9.2. If he is on 9.2 he should installed A9LH.

That being said, in the latest version of Luma he needs the arm9loaderhax.bin file at the root of the SD card even if he doesn't use A9LH to load the CFW.

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or if your lazy, then you can try and open the Lima release folder and take that boot.3dsx (the menuhax one, without the smdh, and don't boot it directly put it in a folder or something and boot the homebrew launcher then double tap the Luma boot.3dsx)

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I tried to get him to just install A9LH but he's on 11.0 now and can't downgrade without another system. He refused to do it when I told him to a while ago and now he's SOL. I'm really not stressed about it, just figured I'd ask around. Anytime I swapped my CFW back when I used menuhacks changing the .3dsx was enough and changing the boot.3dsx to the Luma path, which he "said" he did but since I'm wasn't with him (over skype) I can't be sure Lol. Thanks for all the input though!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If he is using menuhax to load a CFW, it means he is on 9.2. If he is on 9.2 he should installed A9LH.

That being said, in the latest version of Luma he needs the arm9loaderhax.bin file at the root of the SD card even if he doesn't use A9LH to load the CFW.
He had the arm9loaderhax.bin on his root, I made sure he did. He just refuses to install A9LH because he's lazy. Oh well, TBH I give him solutions to try and is answer is always "Meh, that's too much work". So he can update and be hack free. Thanks again, I can't help someone who won't help themselves Lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning