Hacking [QUESTION] Luma3DS DSiware and GBA Support After Booting From Boot Manager

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok do you install the dsi game on sysnand and emunand? If not then do that. It wont work unless you do so. If you dont want to do that i suggest installing A9LH because it solves this by just using updated sysnand and the pathchanger.
Honestly, I give up. I've downloaded the game to the NAND, then I installed the game into EMUnand. It won't appear in EMUnand, only SYSnand. And when I boot it from SYSnand, it tells me to download the game from the eShop again.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to boot a CFW into sysnand to install anything in sysnand. As stated before, you don't patch the .dat, you patch the arm9loaderhax.bin. You only NEED to patch the arm9loaderhax.bin if it is not in the root and named arm9loaderhax.bin. For example, you want to use bootanim9: you place luma3ds' arm9loaderhax.bin into /anim/arm9payload.bin. -> you would need to use the patcher. I know, it's a bad example since the latest bootanim9 patches automatically if you name it /anim/luma.bin...

Bottom line, there is NOTHING that will run DSi stuff if it is not installed to your sysnand. FBI will always install things where it needs to be (nand VS SD) but if you are running it from emunand, it goes in emunand, and if you run it from sysnand, it goes in sysnand. You must boot into SYSNAND with a CFW and run FBI. Then your DSi stuff will work.

If booting from sysnand tells you to redownload, then you have a bad ticket, probably, or your .cia is corrupted. What game are you installing?

Last edited by urherenow,

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to boot a CFW into sysnand to install anything in sysnand. As stated before, you don't patch the .dat, you patch the arm9loaderhax.bin. You only NEED to patch the arm9loaderhax.bin if it is not in the root and named arm9loaderhax.bin. For example, you want to use bootanim9: you place luma3ds' arm9loaderhax.bin into /anim/arm9payload.bin. -> you would need to use the patcher. I know, it's a bad example since the latest bootanim9 patches automatically if you name it /anim/luma.bin...

Bottom line, there is NOTHING that will run DSi stuff if it is not installed to your sysnand. FBI will always install things where it needs to be (nand VS SD) but if you are running it from emunand, it goes in emunand, and if you run it from sysnand, it goes in sysnand. You must boot into SYSNAND with a CFW and run FBI. Then your DSi stuff will work.

If booting from sysnand tells you to redownload, then you have a bad ticket, probably, or your .cia is corrupted. What game are you installing?
Warioware Touched. I was only using it to test it.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aghhhh...

Last question. Why do I need the Gateway now?
Also, how do I set up RNand or EmuNand without Gateway instead?

Thanks!!!
Ummmmmmmmmmm.... I mean I don't know? I use it for romhacks and cheats. That's not to say I haven't played and use BootNTR (NTR-Cheat-Plugins) for cheats as well.

So idk. Up to you if you decide to keep using it or not.

And if you are using A9LH+Luma3DS, there really is no need to keep using an EmuNAND//RedNAND, because it actually complicates things when it comes to DSiWare and VC games. You'll end up having to install DSiWare onto both EmuNAND and SysNAND if you want to play them on EmuNAND, or have to boot into SysNAND and install your DSiWare//VC stuff there, and when done, boot into your EmuNAND and play your other games there.

BUUUUUUUUT, if you insist on keeping an EmuNAND//RedNAND for personal reasons, you'll need to setup EmuNAND9.
Link: https://github.com/d0k3/EmuNAND9/releases

Just set it up under Luma3DS' payload chainloader, at whatever button you want. Then do the "Complete RedNAND Setup" - You'll need to unlink NANDs and all that jazz.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ummmmmmmmmmm.... I mean I don't know? I use it for romhacks and cheats. That's not to say I haven't played and use BootNTR (NTR-Cheat-Plugins) for cheats as well.

So idk. Up to you if you decide to keep using it or not.

And if you are using A9LH+Luma3DS, there really is no need to keep using an EmuNAND//RedNAND, because it actually complicates things when it comes to DSiWare and VC games. You'll end up having to install DSiWare onto both EmuNAND and SysNAND if you want to play them on EmuNAND, or have to boot into SysNAND and install your DSiWare//VC stuff there, and when done, boot into your EmuNAND and play your other games there.

BUUUUUUUUT, if you insist on keeping an EmuNAND//RedNAND for personal reasons, you'll need to setup EmuNAND9.
Link: https://github.com/d0k3/EmuNAND9/releases

Just set it up under Luma3DS' payload chainloader, at whatever button you want. Then do the "Complete RedNAND Setup" - You'll need to unlink NANDs and all that jazz.

OK, thanks. Now as for the 3DSware, it can reside in the emunand only right? Ideally I want my 3DS CIA's on the SD and not on the system itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay