[Question] Lady Layton Mystery Journey Game

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Xmortal, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Xmortal
    OP

Xmortal Other Nickname Legarad

May 28, 2008
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    Since the 3DS version came only in Japanese, I was wondering if there is a tool similar to Hacking Tool for Android. And check if it's the same text file they use in 3DS

2. Axido

Axido GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2014
    Germany
    Infact, they do as it seems. I was playing a hacked mostly English rom of the game. Over at that iso site someone managed to replace the Japanese text and cutscenes with the English files of the mobile version. Only the menu is still in Japanese, since the image formats seem to be different, but the game's enjoyable in this state. But keep in mind that they used the iOS release instead of the Android one.

I'd like to do a few more "translations" based on the other languages available as soon as I got the iOS release as well as the 3DS romfs, but sadly I can't get the Hacking Toolkit to extract any decrypted .cia I got. And since currently I got no .3ds file (which seems to extract just fine) this might take a few more days on my end.

3. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    I would like to try, but I can't even find the latest apk to extract it :rofl2:

4. Axido

Axido GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2014
    Germany
    You shouldn't bother trying to extract the apk.
    The important files are stored in a big .obb file. And as far as I'm concerned, this file won't be easy to extract, since .obb files could be ANYTHING. And I already tried renaming it with common archive extensions. No luck so far.

Your best bet would be the following:
    Get iTunes on your PC, register, purchase the game and extract the ipa with 7zip. That actually works.

5. John1234

John1234 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 26, 2016
    English patched cia is out. full game is english except UI/ MENU.
    This will be full English, if someone can translate UI OR MENU.