Hacking Question: ISO Patcher

ThaKillerKlown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an ISO. I wanna patch it to 249. I load ISO Patcher, drag the ISO file to it and then what?

5ajij4.jpg

Baby steps and please be descriptive. I cant find a guide anywhere.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's called IOS Version patcher!. There's no such thing as an IOS Patcher, at least not one that patches games to use another IOS.

Does typing 249 and then pressing enter not work?

ThaKillerKlown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
It's called IOS Version patcher!. There's no such thing as an IOS Patcher, at least not one that patches games to use another IOS.

Does typing 249 and then pressing enter not work?

I put an image up.

Once I drag the iso to the window it puts it in quotations. After the last " I type 249 and hit enter. It exits the program...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If i remember correct it tells you which IOS is currecntly used by the .iso when you open a .iso. So what does it say if you reopen the .iso?

Ok i see the problem. Learn how to use command line tools and read what applications tell you. It tells you how to use it, apparently it doesn't like the filename. I guess it's either too long, or the program does not like spaces in filenames.

ThaKillerKlown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
If i remember correct it tells you which IOS is currecntly used by the .iso when you open a .iso. So what does it say if you reopen the .iso?

Ok i see the problem. Learn how to use command line tools and read what applications tell you. It tells you how to use it, apparently it doesn't like the filename. I guess it's either too long, or the program does not like spaces in filenames.

I renamed it to metroid.iso and the results are the same. I dont know what you meant by "Learn how to use command line tools and read what applications tell you. It tells you how to use it,"
"

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
start->run->cmd.exe

and then telling the pc what to do with the keyboard. That's what i meant.

And i meant spaces in the whole filename.

ThaKillerKlown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
start->run->cmd.exe

and then telling the pc what to do with the keyboard. That's what i meant.

And i meant spaces in the whole filename.

...and still yet no one has told me what to type @ start->run->cmd.exe... We have spent more time and energy telling me what I'm not doing than what to do. Fuck it, this game isn't worth the trouble.

ThaKillerKlown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
And why are you using 1.0 anyway?
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=3812

Sorry for not posting the most simplest things i can imagine, like, if you want to use a program, search the latest version and use that instead of the first version you find.

1.1 does the same thing when following the directions in the read me.

Open exe, drag iso to window, enter iso# press enter, screen immediatly closes.

ThaKillerKlown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alexrose said:
Also, you need to learn the difference between IOS and ISO.

I just love smart asses! It is very easy to type ISO instead of IOS while in a hurry...

I also love how there always seems to be no definitive answer on this forum. This was the first time I have asked for help here and I wont do it again. I'm no idiot. I have a program and don't know what I am doing wrong as to why it wont work. I know members here use it all the time with no problems and I thought maybe... just maybe one of them could tell me exactly what they do to make it work for them.

I drag and drop, no, I type it all in the cmd window, no I.... Like I said, its not worth it. Thanks anyway,

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ThaKillerKlown said:
I also love how there always seems to be no definitive answer on this forum. This was the first time I have asked for help here and I wont do it again. I'm no idiot. I have a program and don't know what I am doing wrong as to why it wont work. I know members here use it all the time with no problems and I thought maybe... just maybe one of them could tell me exactly what they do to make it work for them.

I drag and drop, no, I type it all in the cmd window, no I.... Like I said, its not worth it. Thanks anyway,
ThaKillerKlown said:
QUOTE(WiiBlaster @ May 18 2009, 04:32 PM) dont click on the program just drag the ISO over top the program thats how i use it

lecture.gif
THANK YOU WiiBlaster... dragging the iso to the exe file worked beautifully!

No comment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.