[Question] Is there any way other than Cubic Ninja to access CFWs on a 9.0 N3DS XL?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by The Minish LAN, Sep 25, 2015.

1. The Minish LAN
    OP

The Minish LAN hi

Sep 9, 2015
    discord
    This is most likely the most asked question on this forum relating to 3DS Homebrew (besides "will this bwick me system?!1") but I'm going to ask it anyway.

I mean, I can get Cubic Ninja. But $70+ is a huge investment. So I really hope there is another way.

P.S: I'll bet any amount of money I'm going to bump this thread, despite the fact I can't.
    Let's start the bet at $6

Last edited by The Minish LAN, Sep 25, 2015

2. ShinkoNet

ShinkoNet Obsessed with Touhou

Dec 1, 2013
    Yes, anything 9.2 and under can use a Gateway 3DS, Sky3DS (paid flashcarts) or rxTools (internet browser based, free!) to run CFW.

3. The Minish LAN
    OP

The Minish LAN hi

Sep 9, 2015
    discord
    I don't have the money to ship, or just flat out purchase flashcarts, and um... 9.0 N3DS XL.

4. ShinkoNet

Dec 1, 2013
    Oh, whoops.

Currently only userland-based exploits work like Tubehax, Ironhax, HomeMenuhax, oot3dhax, etc work without purchasing a flashcart/CN. IIRC there is no CFW supporting these exploits. Sorry

Last edited by ShinkoNet, Sep 25, 2015
  5. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    Bullet Hell
    Install rxTools emunand, install cia of Cubic Ninja to emunand. All totally free.

6. ShinkoNet

Dec 1, 2013

7. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    Bullet Hell
    There's been some improvements with the compatibility with rxtools on n3ds with the most recent nighly bulids, but if you don't want to risk it/try it go with a reinand cfw.

ShinkoNet likes this.
  8. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You only need Cubic Ninja once in order to downgrade mset. So if you can borrow CN from someone, or send in your 3DS to @Ronhero and have him downgrade mset for you free of charge, you'll save $70.

9. The Minish LAN
    OP

The Minish LAN hi

Sep 9, 2015
    discord
    I'm not sure a person who has a 10.1.0 N3DS XL is that good at giving advice on 9.0 - 9.2 exclusive things.
    And how can I use a reinand CFW if my dilemma is that I can't USE CFWs?
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    I live in a literal desert, there's no one to borrow it from. And it'll cost more than $70 to even ship it to @Ronhero.

Last edited by The Minish LAN, Sep 25, 2015
  10. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    Bullet Hell
    I also have an o3ds on 4.4.0-4E and have absorbed a ton of information from threads here while setting up cfw's on that... but you don't have to take my advice :glare:

clank likes this.
  11. The Minish LAN
    OP

The Minish LAN hi

Sep 9, 2015
    discord
    OLD and NEW 3DSs aren't anywhere near to being the same thing, and a lot has changed since 4.4.0-4E. Look, sorry I'm a pretty big twat, but I need reliable sources. One of my consoles bricked, and I'd prefer that not happen again. If rxTools does work on N3DSs, please link me some sources.

12. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    Bullet Hell
    No, you're right - I've never set up cfw on a n3ds, and what I'm passing on might be way off. Try this thread - it's pretty much what you're asking, and the posts are probably from users more experienced with n3ds cfw than me.

13. The Minish LAN
    OP

The Minish LAN hi

Sep 9, 2015
    discord
    Thanks for taking my arseface-y mood more pleasantly than most people. Thanks, I think this thread may help a bit.

14. MRJPGames

MRJPGames Pretty great guy

Aug 17, 2013
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    For piracy CFW PastaCFW is pretty much the sipelest that works. reiNAND is an option but more complicated. Non-piracy CFW would be NTR 2/3.

To combine NTR with piracy run pasta, reinand (cake?) install a .cia of cubic ninja and install the ntr exploit on the cia version. Then the next time all you'll have to do is run cubic ninja (cart) ninjhax cfw cubic ninja ntr. Yes long process but it should work if you really want both.

15. Alex3dss

Alex3dss I like sharing Japanese music

Aug 21, 2015
    Netherlands
    Location unknown
    You can use rxTools. Its kinda like gateway. Or use Tubehax/Ironhax

16. The Minish LAN
    OP

The Minish LAN hi

Sep 9, 2015
    discord
    Okay I'm done just read over the bloody thread for god's sake

codychaosx likes this.
  17. Alex3dss

Aug 21, 2015
    Netherlands
    Location unknown
    A just gave you an answer for your question. I didn't read any comment but just scrolled down and answered your question.

18. The Minish LAN
    OP

The Minish LAN hi

Sep 9, 2015
    discord
    You only need to read the title.
    "9.0.0 N3DS XL"
    rxTools doesn't work on New 3DSs, and will probably never work on 9.0.0 New 3DSs. Plz read the facts

19. Alex3dss

Aug 21, 2015
    Netherlands
    Location unknown
    How would I know?? I dont have a New 3ds. And I never readed anything about exploits not compatible with N3ds because I dont give a fck about it

20. YamiZee

YamiZee GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2013
    Finland
    I agree, you should read the thread, especially considering its less than a page long, and may contain information that would alter your answer.