Homebrew [question] Is there a way to get Pokebank for free ?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hex edited my secureinfoA, injected a new friendcodeseed and a blank nnidsave and i cant do anything nnid related, do tell what you did.
A system transfer after doing everything else you just mentioned, from a banned DS to an unbanned one. The target DS took the ban instead. Oh I also used that generic device ID Luma edit before doing all this. (I didn't go to eShop after using the luma bypass) And everything worked.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It gave me a new friend code and everything too.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A system transfer after doing everything else you just mentioned, from a banned DS to an unbanned one. The target DS took the ban instead. Oh I also used that generic device ID Luma edit before doing all this. (I didn't go to eShop after using the luma bypass) And everything worked.
well shit. Assuming if i do a transfer then restore a nand backup i'll be banned on both. Dont have a 3ds to transfer atm but i might be able to get a hold of one.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well shit. Assuming if i do a transfer then restore a nand backup i'll be banned on both. Dont have a 3ds to transfer atm but i might be able to get a hold of one.
Yeah you can't restore a backup. You have to start fresh and reinstall everything. It was worth it IMO to have my DS back though.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you can't restore a backup. You have to start fresh and reinstall everything. It was worth it IMO to have my DS back though.
Well shit, though that doesnt make sense. It's a server side transfer, there must be something that is tranferring to that second 3ds that can be edited or swapped manually.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well shit, though that doesnt make sense. It's a server side transfer, there must be something that is tranferring to that second 3ds that can be edited or swapped manually.
I think it's transfers the legit certs and generates new ones on the source DS. Something that can't be done outside the 3DS without sighax yet. So you could edit/swap them but they would have to be signed. Hence why you can rip them from other DS' and it works too. IIRC the eShop ban comes from a cert stored in ITCM which can't be edited yet, which is why the transfer is necessary.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's transfers the legit certs and generates new ones on the source DS. Something that can't be done outside the 3DS without sighax yet. So you could edit/swap them but they would have to be signed. Hence why you can rip them from other DS' and it works too.
makes sense, not a big deal though, my gf can just import from gen 5 and trade with me.

Reactions: Majickhat55

AlexanderLS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

AlexanderLS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo's so behind that you can't even pay by bank transfer or Paypal. You need a credit card (dont have it) or buy an eshop card (minimum 15$)
We all know why they don't allow PayPal. Very few big companies want to allow paypal.
It is not for technical reasons, it is to protect them from PayPal buyer protection.

Initiating a credit card charge back is quite a bit more risky and if a person fraudulently did so they could end up in jail. Credit card fraud vs a charge-back in PayPal resulting in no consequences.

Last edited by AlexanderLS,

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We all know why they don't allow PayPal. Very few big companies want to allow paypal.
It is not for technical reasons, it is to protect them from PayPal buyer protection.

Initiating a credit card charge back is quite a bit more risky and if a person fraudulently did so they could end up in jail. Credit card fraud vs a charge-back in PayPal resulting in no consequences.
Well, Sony accepts PayPay.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL people with CFW don't wanna spend $5 when you have the ability to pirate all games? Spoiled! Hehe

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wait a day or a few days for PKHex or PKSM to be updated to support transferring legal Pokemon then.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL people with CFW don't wanna spend $5 when you have the ability to pirate all games? Spoiled! Hehe
i just went over this...
Also for the record, people who were banned then unbanned can't use pokebank even if they are willing to spend the money (me). It's not about being lazy to spend the money, there genuinely need to be other ways for users who are willing to pay who cannot use pokebank.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. Maybe people just want to spend 0.01$ for just a day (enough time to transfer pokémon), and don't want to paid 5$ for one year!!

There is PKSM, but LOL $0.01? Y'all are broke!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i just went over this...

Ah the ban issue... Welp, there is always a nice tall glass of common sense LOL.

Also, someone is reverse engineering the nintendo network to host an alternative, I hear they have 3 lines of code already. Once that is done (2044) you can use the Bank for free!

Last edited by el_gonz87,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a