Hacking [Question] Is there a way to boot sysnand in a9lh with no modifications, no patches

artur3004

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
then it is not a official rxtools because source on git still has no a9lh support and I think rxtools is dead

artur3004

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You have to understand how a9lh works then you would understand why a9lh ist permanent ... or restore a non a9lh backup

quantumboy

Casual Hacker, Avid Dreamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did restore a non-a9lh , but I am trying to find a way to use gateway and still have a9lh, but luma and cakes modify the sysnand in 9.2 enough where the gateway loader won't work

artur3004

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No - you can copy the native firm of 9.0/9.2 to the luma path and rename it to firmware90.bin. Hold R to boot sysnand with 9.0 nativ firm. menuhax should boot if instaled on sysnand and gateway is bootable again

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I get the native firm from 9.0, and dosn't R boot the emunand?
You'll want to make a 9.x emunand dedicated solely to booting Gateway. Are you using A9LH on sysnand CFW? If so, you'll want to back up your sd card, format a new emunand with EmuNand9, downgrade your new emunand to 9.2 using sysupdater, boot your emunand with Luma3DS, restore your sd card, launch Gateway through that emunand, and boot into your sysnand cfw by holding B when selecting Gateway Mode on the gateway menu.

Super convoluted solution, but it lets you have the best of both worlds... Or just wait until Gateway decides to support A9LH themselves.

quantumboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a O3dsxl with a9lh w/ sysnand on 9.2u and gw_emunand on 10.7u, I want to be able to launch gateway from sysnand to boot emunand, but I can't get the loader to run, I just get a black screen with no dragoon, I assume its casue some firmware or native or something is not actually 9.0 when being patched by luma. Does anyone have the firmware90.bin file or have instructions on how to get it? And then how to use it with sysnand?

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a O3dsxl with a9lh w/ sysnand on 9.2u and gw_emunand on 10.7u, I want to be able to launch gateway from sysnand to boot emunand, but I can't get the loader to run, I just get a black screen with no dragoon, I assume its casue some firmware or native or something is not actually 9.0 when being patched by luma. Does anyone have the firmware90.bin file or have instructions on how to get it? And then how to use it with sysnand?
Download the "NTR firmware" for your console, name it "firmware.bin" and put it in SD:/luma/

Hold select as you boot Luma and enable SysNAND is updated (A9LH-only). Additionally, disable Autoboot SysNAND, press start, and, from then on (even reboots), hold L to launch SysNand and it should run off the firmware.bin you placed in SD:/luma/

Then gateway should work and you should be able to launch EmuNand like usual.

quantumboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download the "NTR firmware" for your console, name it "firmware.bin" and put it in SD:/luma/

Hold select as you boot Luma and enable SysNAND is updated (A9LH-only). Additionally, disable Autoboot SysNAND, press start, and, from then on (even reboots), hold L to launch SysNand and it should run off the firmware.bin you placed in SD:/luma/

Then gateway should work and you should be able to launch EmuNand like usual.
"sysNand is updated" is not an option in that window I assume you mean " USe SysNAND FIRM as default (a9lh-only)" I tried this, and I still can't load gateway from menuhax or webbrowser, I get either blank screen or just a gliched screen with no dragon. Also I tried to intall a cia of hbl and that failed to, so perhaps that hints at what else might be wrong

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, not that bad ig