Homebrew [Question] Is there a unified launcher which can launch NDS and 3DS games?

Daeymon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I see something like TWLoader, which has a lovely coverflow UI and I was wondering, does the 3ds homebrew scene have a unified frontend of sorts which can at the very least launch 3DS games and NDS games from a single menu?

Again I've seen on the forums that you can use a CIA Forwarder to add NDS flashcard games to the home menu, but then the home menu has an app limit. I've also seen Gridlauncher, but not sure if that could be utilised in this fashion.

I haven't delved down the 3DS homebrew rabbit hole and the last time I did anything like this was on my DS getting BagUI working on a SuperCard DSTwo which gave for the time, an amazing UI for launching games.

Any input would be appreciated

Last edited by Daeymon,

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
So I see something like TWLoader, which has a lovely coverflow UI and I was wondering, does the 3ds homebrew scene have a unified frontend of sorts which can at the very least launch 3DS games and NDS games from a single menu?

Again I've seen on the forums that you can use a CIF Forwarder to add NDS flashcard games to the home menu, but then the home menu has an app limit. I've also seen Gridlauncher, but not sure if that could be utilised in this fashion.

I haven't delved down the 3DS homebrew rabbit hole and the last time I did anything like this was on my DS getting BagUI working on a SuperCard DSTwo which gave for the time, an amazing UI for launching games.

Any input would be appreciated

3DS Games are launched as independent apps. If you want a cartridge launcher, u need to spend like 90 bucks for a flashcart. CFW allows u to play every single 3DS game so dunno why would you want a homebrew for it xD

Reactions: Hopalongtom

SoftDFurry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS Games are launched as independent apps. If you want a cartridge launcher, u need to spend like 90 bucks for a flashcart. CFW allows u to play every single 3DS game so dunno why would you want a homebrew for it xD

I bought an R4. It is really good. Paid only 16.99 for mine. Sky3ds is 90.00 though if I am correct.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sort of. You cant get a DS loader to load 3ds games, but you can add twloader game forwarders to your home screen, basically having DS games on the home menu. The only issue is the templated don't work with the newest version of twloader, so you can either use an older version or bug robz8 to fix it.

Reactions: Daeymon

Daeymon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sort of. You cant get a DS loader to load 3ds games, but you can add twloader game forwarders to your home screen, basically having DS games on the home menu. The only issue is the templated don't work with the newest version of twloader, so you can either use an older version or bug robz8 to fix it.

So TWLoader can create forwarders? So in theory, if you combined that with the GridLauncher 3DSFlow project, you could make a very nice unified menu. Is it true that GridLauncher does not suffer from the same app limit as the home menu?

Are there any other menu replacers like GridLauncher? I'm quite fond of coverflow setups so are there any menu replacers that bring a TWLoader style interface but for launching 3DS home menu items?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So TWLoader can create forwarders? So in theory, if you combined that with the GridLauncher 3DSFlow project, you could make a very nice unified menu. Is it true that GridLauncher does not suffer from the same app limit as the home menu?

Are there any other menu replacers like GridLauncher? I'm quite fond of coverflow setups so are there any menu replacers that bring a TWLoader style interface but for launching 3DS home menu items?
I have no clue. All i do know is that gridlauncher is not compatible with luma 8.1 and rosalina. If it was, i'd still be using it along with the 3dsflow project. Also gridlauncher takes a while to boot in of itself, but on top of the few minutes it takes for the games to load, i dont think that would be worth it. Also gridlauncher is not compatible with dsi games, so they wouldnt show up anyway.

Reactions: Daeymon

Daeymon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have no clue. All i do know is that gridlauncher is not compatible with luma 8.1 and rosalina. If it was, i'd still be using it along with the 3dsflow project. Also gridlauncher takes a while to boot in of itself, but on top of the few minutes it takes for the games to load, i dont think that would be worth it. Also gridlauncher is not compatible with dsi games, so they wouldnt show up anyway.

Thankyou. At the very least I know thats somewhat a dead end.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Find the studio rips, like a few GBs per song lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father