pingas123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello! :D

I have an American 2DS and just recently moved to Australia which is about to have the Hoopa event so I have one question: Is it possible to spoof my region through HANS or whatnot to get the event? Thanks for the help!

SockNaste

My Little Pony Fetish
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.theuselessweb.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello! :D

I have an American 2DS and just recently moved to Australia which is about to have the Hoopa event so I have one question: Is it possible to spoof my region through HANS or whatnot to get the event? Thanks for the help!

Probably not. Since the game is a USA game the code inside the game is programmed to connect to USA servers. Unless you got a .cia which had Australia's region or bought a new game in Australia. (To my knowledge it doesn't seem possible)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You would also have to get a 3DS with Australian region because if you go to Australia's servers on a USA 3ds u could get banned. (If you tried putting a Australian game inside of your USA 3DS because of region free it wouldn't load the game...)

Last edited by SockNaste,

pingas123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Alright, I'll try to get an Australian CIA of Alpha Sapphire. RegionFour works for CIAs too, right?

Oh nvm then.. I'd wish to have a legit Hoopa ;-;. Thanks anyway!

SockNaste

My Little Pony Fetish
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.theuselessweb.com
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'll try to get an Australian CIA of Alpha Sapphire. RegionFour works for CIAs too, right?

It should although you can get banned if you go on Australia's servers on a USA 3DS. It is easy for Nintendo to catch you that way...
Also you can try looking for a Australian .cia WITH region free alredy on it, but if you can't find it then just use hans or regionfour to spoof your region...

You have a CFW 3ds u can probs use a pokemon editor when it comes out. (If it already hasn't)

pingas123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I actually would rather not use a save editor this time because I want to actually get something legit and experience getting events since I never did (physically going to shops) XD

wuboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
um...
The Pokémon games are region free to start with, which is why they ask you to choose your language when you first boot the game.. The servers it connects to, to my knowledge, are only affected by the region of the system.

pingas123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So the only possible ways are PKHEX (which I don't want to use) and getting the code/whatever with an actual Australian 3DS. Can anyone confirm that spoofing won't work and would end up me having a ban?

Yes, I know the PK6 is legit, but I want to experience the event myself lol.

Last edited by pingas123,

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
Backup your game's save with either svdt or Save_Manager. Copy the save into your PC and load the save through PKHeX.exe. Place the LEGIT Hoopa inside one of your boxes(when you load the save with the program, the first thing you see are the boxes), save the save(it will be a "main" file without any extensions), copy the EDITED save to your sdcard or where the specific save editor reads the saves, and load it up. You can find ALL Legendary Events from the ProjectPokemon forums(there is a dedicated thread with almost ALL LEGIT legendaries). This is how I got Diancie, Hoopa, Shiny Japanese Rayquaza and 3 boxes of events. xD

Protip: keep a backup of your save file to some safe place, because if you screw up with the EDITED save, you might want to restore the UNTOUCHED backup. ;) Although inejcting a Pokemon into the save won't screw up(if it screws up, you did something wrong), you might be tempted into touching the in-game Legendary flags(all the legendary that are caught in the game) and this might screw the save.

I caught 2 Kyurems because of this; one Adamant and one Modest. xD But some months later, when I edited the flag for Latios(I have Alpha Sapphire so it required an Eon Ticket), the save got screwed and the Delta Episode started again. I did some tests and I found out that touching ANY Legendary-flag screws the game(version 1.4 introduced this bug? I'm not sure) Thankfully, I had sent my save file to a friend of mine so I fixed it. (There were invisible people in the game, and it all happened when I finally got my Gold Trainer ID FML! xD)

Last edited by fr3quency,

pingas123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Backup your game's save with either svdt or Save_Manager. Copy the save into your PC and load the save through PKHeX.exe. Place the LEGIT Hoopa inside one of your boxes(when you load the save with the program, the first thing you see are the boxes), save the save(it will be a "main" file without any extensions), copy the EDITED save to your sdcard or where the specific save editor reads the saves, and load it up. You can find ALL Legendary Events from the ProjectPokemon forums(there is a dedicated thread with almost ALL LEGIT legendaries). This is how I got Diancie, Hoopa, Shiny Japanese Rayquaza and 3 boxes of events. xD

Protip: keep a backup of your save file to some safe place, because if you screw up with the EDITED save, you might want to restore the UNTOUCHED backup. ;) Although inejcting a Pokemon into the save won't screw up(if it screws up, you did something wrong), you might be tempted into touching the in-game Legendary flags(all the legendary that are caught in the game) and this might screw the save.

I caught 2 Kyurems because of this; one Adamant and one Modest. xD But some months later, when I edited the flag for Latios(I have Alpha Sapphire so it required an Eon Ticket), the save got screwed and the Delta Episode started again. I did some tests and I found out that touching ANY Legendary-flag screws the game(version 1.4 introduced this bug? I'm not sure) Thankfully, I had sent my save file to a friend of mine so I fixed it. (There were invisible people in the game, and it all happened when I finally got my Gold Trainer ID FML! xD)

I know how to use PKHex/PKHax, man. I just want to experience the wonders of an event. Plus, my Pokémon X save is in my computer which is currently shipping and I'm playing Pokémon Neo X via Hans

Last edited by pingas123,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse