[Question] Is it possible to make amiibo NTAG215 cards using a N3DS/ Nintendo NFC Reader/Writer?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by HenryLeonheart, Feb 4, 2016.

1. HenryLeonheart
    OP

HenryLeonheart GBAtemp Regular

Apr 10, 2014
    I was wondering if this could be achieved with homebrew somehow. We can make the cards using a phone or external NFC reader/writer but a lot of people don't have NFC capable phones. So what I'm asking is if it's possible to use the above devices to run an app like Tagmo but in Homebrew format.

2. Jax

Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Jul 31, 2006
    Portugal
    L.A.V.
    I'm not sure if the current state of homebrew has access to the NFC chip, but this would be an excellent idea for a homebrew app!

3. memomo

memomo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nov 30, 2013
    poor iphone users :P
    BTW good idea

4. 05sonicblue

05sonicblue GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    I know it uses the IR, but I'm not sure if the IR IO is accessible. Might be worth looking into, especially since I have N3DS with the built-in NFC. The route I went was just to pick up a Galaxy Nexus phone on ebay for $40 shipped. I will just use it for a wifi only device and run tagmo on it.

I have 2 phones right now. My work phone is a Windows phone and while NFC reading and writing is easy, it doesn't support full .bin's, it only supports thinks like text and open apps. My other phone is an android phone, but doesn't have NFC.

5. Giodude

Giodude GBAtemp's official rock

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    LG tribute. No nfc. ;(

HenryLeonheart and memomo like this.