[QUESTION] Is it possible to enable extended ram on New 3ds through luma3ds 6.5 or 6.6?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by jimmyleen, Nov 19, 2016.

1. jimmyleen
    OP

jimmyleen GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 28, 2016
    I keep getting a black screen while my pokemon sun cia is runing and the lid is closed. I know I can downgrade to 9.2 and redo everything but why don't we have a easier way of having extended ram?

EDIT: I am using sysNAND 11.2 and A9LH

2. zenamez

zenamez GBAtemp Regular

Sep 7, 2016
    As far as I understand, the extended RAM should automatically kick in on the N3DS when a game requires it.

I'm using the leaked Moon CIA (because I've got to wait until the 23rd in the UK for the release (pre-ordered the Steelbook edition)...thanks Nintendo) on a 11.2 A9LH Luma 6.6 N3DS and not having any issues with it at all.

In fact I've never actually heard of this happening before [where a N3DS doesn't automatically go into extended RAM mode].

One thing you can try though is going into Luma's config menu (hold select on boot) and make sure you aren't using any of the "use CPU + L2" options under "CPU options" as I've heard that gives you issues in extended RAM games if you force it via Luma (so turn it off if it's on).

Last edited by zenamez, Nov 19, 2016