[Question] Is it possible to delete SoftwareManager in sysnand to prevent data losing by incaution?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by r4bbit, Dec 18, 2015.

1. r4bbit
    OP

r4bbit Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2015
    Switzerland
    As we know,SoftwareManager in sysnand is very dangerous,if you open SoftwareManager in sysnand,all unsigned applications in emunand will gone if you have linked nands.

I lent my 3ds to a friend,all my unsigned applications gone in a day.

This problem really bores me.And I need linked nands to play virtual console conveniently.So I want to delete SoftwareManager in sysnand.

It seems FBI can delete application in sysnand.I guess it possible,but I dont known which is SoftwareManager.

So, is there any way to delete it or other methods to prevent data losing?

2. froggestspirit

froggestspirit D/P/Pt Demix Guy

Jul 28, 2011
    United States
    As far as I know, that's part of the system settings (MSET), so unless you delete the whole system settings, then no.

3. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    I'm pretty sure GBA VC will work fine on unlinked nands if you install them on both emunand and sysnand.
    Then you can just run them from emunand and they should work.

4. r4bbit
    OP

r4bbit Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2015
    Switzerland
    Thank you for your reminder Pingouin7.I know that,that could solve part of the problem,its a bit inconvenient.Just wonder if there is a better solution.

5. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Does going into Software Management in emuNAND also delete titles, when they are unlinked?

6. samiam144

samiam144 Régulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    nope! only happens in sysnand when nands are linked.

7. r4bbit
    OP

r4bbit Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2015
    Switzerland
    nope. I often use SoftwareManager in emunand to delete games i dont need.Its safe as far as i can see.