Homebrew [QUESTION] Is it possible for us to unlock the 3DS' "OS" core?

flatasszone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Hi GBATemp, while this may be a stupid question, I couldn't find the answer, so I asked here.

Does anyone know if it would be possible for us to unlock the 3DS' core that is preserved for the OS? On the O3DS, there are 2 cores both clocked at 286 mhz, however, only one is usable for games and homebrew etc. Would it be possible to use them both? Or at least partially use that last core?

If we could then we may see some improvements in FPS for emulation and games, on both the O3DS and the N3DS. Maybe some more full speed PSX games on N3DS? And some playable games on O3DS? :)

With all these new tools coming out that give us so much more access on our 3DS' like A9LH and decrypt9 I thought this may be possible too.

flatasszone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
It's only possible on an N3DS. You can do this with Luma.
Doesn't that only give access to 3 cores and not 4? There is still one core left for the OS, right? I was talking about that one, and if we could use it.

for emulators, and homebrew maybe...
for 3ds offical games no.
Well maybe, but it could still be useful for Retroarch PSX core for example.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
It works for games that don't have locked frame rates and whatnot. The Pokemon games are a good example.
it depends if either games are designed to work with a single core or both cores...
at least on pc, you can't force a program to run with several cores if it was made to use just one...

Reactions: ~Poke~

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
it depends if either games are designed to work with a single core or both cores...
at least on pc, you can't force a program to run with several cores if it was made to use just one...
Yes, like I said said, it only works for games that don't have locked specs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."