1. JiggleWinks56

OP JiggleWinks56 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I have had my switch since 2018 and it's a the older model. Whenever I play games like Mario Odyssey and Animal Crossing docked the fans seem pretty loud and the console feels pretty hot. Even if your far away you will still hear the hum of the fan but a little quieter. The weird thing is that it does not do this in handheld. In handheld mode I would have to hold my ear up close to the vent to hear the fan. I just want to know if this is normal and if anybody else is experiencing this.

StrayGuitarist likes this.
  2. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    I would rarely hear the fan with my old switch, which is now downstairs. I currently use the animal crossing one, and I don't hear it there either.

3. squee666

squee666 Advanced Tech Pleb

United Kingdom
    Sounds like you need new thermal paste og switches run warranty

It runs hotter when docked because clock speeds are higher

4. StrayGuitarist

StrayGuitarist A genuine feline disaster.

United States
    Yeah, definitely the same here. My OG Switch, I got in May 2018, and it's always been kinda loud in the dock. Particularly if I'm playing Splatoon, Fortnite, Animal Crossing, basically anything with 3D rendering, it gets noisy, but I can't hear it at all in handheld.

That does make sense.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - experiencing, [QUESTION], anybody