Hacking [Question] How to update emunand to 9.5 on N3DS?

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, SSB was the recommended way to update emunand to 8.1 when gateway didn't support 9.x at all. The 9.2 rom of SSB should work as well. But you have to be certain that you've formatted emunand before attempting to update it. If you're using sysnand in gateway mode updating from a rom will brick.

Thanks. I'm setting this up for someone else right now, so I wanted to be sure. I'm formatting EmuNand now, so no worries.

Edit: Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'm on EmuNand 4.2, and when I attempt to run a game that I want to update with, it doesn't ask me for the update. It instead tries to play it. Am I missing something?

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks. I'm setting this up for someone else right now, so I wanted to be sure. I'm formatting EmuNand now, so no worries.

Edit: Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'm on EmuNand 4.2, and when I attempt to run a game that I want to update with, it doesn't ask me for the update. It instead tries to play it. Am I missing something?

In the gateway menu, hold up while choosing gw mode.

Reactions: 2Hack and gokuguy

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Some people reported some semi brick with the recent launchers (2.7+), dunno if its because they did it wrong or not.

Personally, if I had to update with a rom, I would use an old launcher, like 2.3b (I can confirm you can update with smash bros on 2.3b, did it twice and even made a video back in the day on youtube, even if it got removed later from it).

But instead of updating with smash bros, might be better to update with a 9.x game (there are a few ones with 9.x on them).

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated it to 8.1 as thats the version I had of Sm4sh ready. It worked just fine. Now I'll just wait until an update for Gateway comes out supporting 9.6.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o