Hacking [Question] How to play Ju on The Grudge (JAP) on 4.0U Wii

lemonadess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I and my friend downloaded an ISO file of this game.

He burnt it to a DVD without patching it. When he Started the game, he got black screen with some Japanese word on screen. He tried playing the game with Neo Gamma R7. It didn't work, either.
I guessed that because the game is NTSC-J, and his Wii is NTSC-U with firmware 4.0, so it didn't recognized the game.

So I tried a different method. I patched the game with WiiFrii 2.3b & Wii Update Remover. Then, I ran the game, but it didn't work. I tried using Neo Gamma, Gecko OS, set boot language to Japanese, or English. But none of them worked. My wii is 4.0U

And the question is: Is there a method to solve this problem? Or I have to wait until the US Release (around October) >.

hankarlo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dont patch the ISO, or chance anything on it, just remove the update & load it through Gecko OS v1.9.2. It works for me, but I have a PAL Wii.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I would say:

-Normal Game (no Patches, no removes, nothing. A clean ISO. We're out of this, no need for those tools anymore with the right Apps.)
-NeoGamma rev7
-cIOS rev14
-Language: Auto Force
-Force Video: Disc (or play around here to anything other).

If that still don't work, then try too:

-The Country String
-The VIDTV Patch

If that won't still help, then:
-Bad Burn (burn at 4x, Vertify)
-Bad Iso

That's also a guide you can use for nearly any game. We have 100% compability, and if something won't work, just play around with the Settings in NeoGamma...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.