Homebrew [Question] How to force or create a save for a homebrew game that doesent have one?

KirgoPlayer007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I recently got Doom64 on my DS.But the thing is that the homebrew port doesent have an save option.And here the question kicks in:

Its possible to create a save option or some way to save the game?

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do you mean in the game menu there is no option to save your game position? It may be that the game automatically saves between stages...:unsure: Is there no "load" function in the game menu either? If so, then it is impossible to save it in any way....but that would still be very strange....:huh:

KirgoPlayer007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Do you mean in the game menu there is no option to save your game position? It may be that the game automatically saves between stages...:unsure: Is there no "load" function in the game menu either? If so, then it is impossible to save it in any way....but that would still be very strange....:huh:
Thats the case.....

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If so, then it is impossible to save it in any way....but that would still be very strange...
It is conceivable that the port was abandoned before it reached that stage.

Its possible to create a save option or some way to save the game?
All sorts of things are "possible" for those who are willing to put in an absolutely enormous amount of hard work. If you're asking if it's easy, then no, probably not.

Some DS flashcarts have a built-in "real-time save" capability, but I've never been clear on how well that works, and it's especially unlikely to work well with homebrew.

Reactions: Nikokaro

KirgoPlayer007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
It is conceivable that the port was abandoned before it reached that stage.

All sorts of things are "possible" for those who are willing to put in an absolutely enormous amount of hard work. If you're asking if it's easy, then no, probably not.

Some DS flashcarts have a built-in "real-time save" capability, but I've never been clear on how well that works, and it's especially unlikely to work well with homebrew.

I think YSmenu has RTS.Thanks for pointing that out!

KirgoPlayer007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Nah. Sorry to contradict you, but you mentioned a well-known software that definitely does not have savestates (RTS), that's for sure! :D
Oops my mistake.I have a R4 SDHC Gold Pro 2019 does it have RTS?And if it has how can I use it with YSmenu or Wood R4?

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oops my mistake.I have a R4 SDHC Gold Pro 2019 does it have RTS?And if it has how can I use it with YSmenu or Wood R4?
I too have the same, identical flashcart and with it you can't use RTS through YSMenu, as I've already mentioned. Instead its own software (the one that has the so called "time bomb") is supposed to have that feature, but I've never used it, nor would I venture to use it....:wink:

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a 1.0 and 1.1 build of that game on the n64, but I'm not sure what the difference is. I have a game like that on the snes, dkc2, which has two builds. the only difference I've found in that game is in world 3 with the blast barrels. one of the builds -- the blast barrels move automatically, which imo, makes it hard; the other -- the blast barrels must be manually rotated.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if that's a problem with the nds portion or the n64 one. it's possible it was never implemented. if you want to try another n64 rom, remember to put the content folder in the right place (think it goes in bin iirc) or it will error. the homebrew github for that game has it in the wrong place. it will error if you don't, but it will tell you where it's looking in case I remembered wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs