Hacking [Question] How to create WiiU WUD file ?

Sn0wMan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have these following folders, how do i make them into a WUD or WUX image file ?

code (Dumpiine)
content (TCPGecko)
meta (JNUS)

Teach me please.

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.Guys

I read the article I ,

I want to reduce the size .

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-image-wud-compression-tool.397901/
This should be totally irrelevant to extracted images. WUD always have padding to match 23,3GB regardless of how much space the actual game files take up.
What the compression tool does is, it removes the empty sectors from WUD. With extracted images - like you have - this is a non-issue. You won't save much space, if any at all.

n1ghty

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
You can't.
A WUD image is made with data directly from the disc drive.
It's encrypted and thus needs keys to extract.
Doing that in reverse would be possible, but we don't have nintendos keys and will most likely never get them.
So you could use own keys for encryption but then only you could read the wuds... so it's of no use.

Last edited by n1ghty,
Reactions: CableLeecher

Sn0wMan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can't.
A WUD image is made with data directly from the disc drive.
It's encrypted and thus needs keys to extract.
Doing that in reverse would be possible, but we don't have nintendos keys and will most likely never get them.
So you could use own keys for encryption but then only could read the wuds... so it's of no use.

Thx.My doubt was resolved.

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You can create a .wumad file with the leaked SDK... just putting that out there. ;)

Also, what the hell was that other guy on about? We have the Wii U common key, it's like the only thing (aside from a varying "title key" for every game) you need to decrypt the .wud file (given that it's actually encrypted). And we also have the ancast keys, a boot1 IV, IOSU and kernel and complete documentation of the system. NAND dumps are being done, even HBL works with Wii U now. Please don't tell me it's no use. ;)

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The OP was confused. He thought that he could make it smaller with a wud. He didn't understand that a wud is waaaaay larger than the "ready2play" version and extracting a wud will ONLY get you back where you started from. There are exactly 0 reasons to create a wud file.

digiw0rx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This thread is old but its all I could find that seemed relevant: Seems now we could do with a WUD Packer thanks to those crazy Brazilian's.

A packer won't help, it won't magically generate a tik file.

It needs to be a dump.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wish I know how to dump a wud, or if there was a tutorial, i bought splatoon [USA] and child of light, as well as others and I would like to share the tiks with the scene,

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wish I know how to dump a wud, or if there was a tutorial, i bought splatoon [USA] and child of light, as well as others and I would like to share the tiks with the scene,
Dumping legit tickets especially for eShop games and DLC, but also for standard discs, would be possible with IOSU exploit

I think the easiest way we could make progress here is by someone modifying the OTP dumping program code. The edit would probably be trivial for someone who knows what they're doing

Reactions: Pecrow

suzsuzuki

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can make a wud file with a WiiU Disc and some hardware to dump it (Like a PS3 with CWF as someone said in other thread). With this WUD you can extract the ticket and using the known method to install this on HDD.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can make a wud file with a WiiU Disc and some hardware to dump it (Like a PS3 with CWF as someone said in other thread). With this WUD you can extract the ticket and using the known method to install this on HDD.
I dont have a PS3, hmm shame.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A packer won't help, it won't magically generate a tik file.

It needs to be a dump.

Does it even need the tik in there (or maybe use a dummy one) considering they are using modded tik anyway?

I assume WUD is just a container for the disc partitions which hold the RPX and contents (loadiine files)?

I should read up on this....

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it even need the tik in there (or maybe use a dummy one) considering they are using modded tik anyway?

I assume WUD is just a container for the disc partitions which hold the RPX and contents (loadiine files)?

I should read up on this....
The modded tik is derived from the tik on the disc (on the wud)
It is not random or dummy data, the data inside is very important

Reactions: KiiWii

Blundermann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I dont have a PS3, hmm shame.

I have a CFW PS3. Is the specific application for dumping Wii U disks publicly available somewhere?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The modded tik is derived from the tik on the disc (on the wud)
It is not random or dummy data, the data inside is very important

Right thanks, so how does this process work exactly?

WudInstallerMod installs the WUD as a legit title to USB then you immediately overwrite the tik with the modded one?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1