Hacking [Question] How to convert .3ds to cia via N3DS?

Kirbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if its possible with the N3DS? I haven't seen any guides for it, only for the O3DS. I tried the method for the O3DS but it didn't work.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Kirbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Deleted member 361703

GBATemp OldFag
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if its possible with the N3DS? I haven't seen any guides for it, only for the O3DS. I tried the method for the O3DS but it didn't work.
I use 3ds simple CIA converter 2 but I bought a 3ds xl then a 2ds to use rxtools in order to get xorpads. I reccomend either getting another system if you can afford it or use a friends of they have a hackable unit.

Kirbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use 3ds simple CIA converter 2 but I bought a 3ds xl then a 2ds to use rxtools in order to get xorpads. I reccomend either getting another system if you can afford it or use a friends of they have a hackable unit.

It would be nice but, I don't think I would get another system just to convert one 3ds file to cia.

Kirbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You would need a copy of Cubic Ninja, but there's a branch for Decrypt9 that uses bootstrap from Karl3DS: https://github.com/archshift/Decrypt9/tree/bootstrap

I've heard word that it works fine on the New 3DS, but I can't test it for myself, so make of it what you will.

After getting the xorpads that way, it'd be the same process as any of those tools/tutorials, just skip the xorpad generation part.

Kirbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would need a copy of Cubic Ninja, but there's a branch for Decrypt9 that uses bootstrap from Karl3DS: https://github.com/archshift/Decrypt9/tree/bootstrap

I've heard word that it works fine on the New 3DS, but I can't test it for myself, so make of it what you will.

After getting the xorpads that way, it'd be the same process as any of those tools/tutorials, just skip the xorpad generation part.

Is there a guide on how I could use this method?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not really. You'd have to compile that into a 3dsx (or find a prebuilt version), then boot it via Cubic Ninja (could name it boot.3dsx to temporarily replace The Homebrew Launcher, probably), make your xorpads, then proceed as normal.

Deleted member 361703

GBATemp OldFag
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It would be nice but, I don't think I would get another system just to convert one 3ds file to cia.
With the encryption change I mainly have two so that friends can enjoy and so I can use funky2cia to make all eshop updates into cias for my n3ds but who know maybe gateway can blow the n3ds wide open eventually

Kirbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really. You'd have to compile that into a 3dsx (or find a prebuilt version), then boot it via Cubic Ninja (could name it boot.3dsx to temporarily replace The Homebrew Launcher, probably), make your xorpads, then proceed as normal.

I'm a little lost with using this method. What I don't know is how to compile it into 3dsx. Do I have to turn the launcher.dat into .3dsx. :unsure:

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm a little lost with using this method. What I don't know is how to compile it into 3dsx. Do I have to turn the launcher.dat into .3dsx. :unsure:

Hm, if it spits out a launcher.dat, perhaps try running the Gateway exploit for Cubic Ninja (..I wonder if that means it might work for OoT 3D as well? Note to self: test this ASAP) with that as your launcher.dat?

Kirbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, if it spits out a launcher.dat, perhaps try running the Gateway exploit for Cubic Ninja (..I wonder if that means it might work for OoT 3D as well? Note to self: test this ASAP) with that as your launcher.dat?

Well, I tried using the other guide which also required a launcher.dat, and when I launched it with cubic ninja, it didn't work. But, i'll try this to see if it works.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's worth a try, in any case. It's a learning process so far..

Edit: No dice for OoT 3D. I wouldn't bet my money on Cubic Ninja either.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
H
have you exhausted all avenues of finding the game as cia file? Cias are like sandwiches, they taste better when someone else makes them for you. :)

Kirbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a link to where you heard Decrypt9 works with the N3DS? Maybe there is another step you have to do, in order to get it to work?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
H
have you exhausted all avenues of finding the game as cia file? Cias are like sandwiches, they taste better when someone else makes them for you. :)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Do you have a link to where you heard Decrypt9 works with the N3DS? Maybe there is another step you have to do, in order to get it to work?

It was in a PM with a few others, so I can't, sorry. I'll ask how the person got it to work though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end