Hacking ROM Hack [QUESTION] How to change titleID of a game to install it two times simultaneously?

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Beside my regular vanilla install of MK8D I want to install a second one that I could mess up with mods to try some alternate courses.
And no, I don't want to enable/disable LayeredFS aka mods on my vanilla game (I'm aware that's the usual way). I want a separate install with a separate savegame and given the tools (probably HacTool?) I'm pretty sure it's somehow possible but before I mess up and waste time I figured I'd ask first in case someone already did that.

Edit: Nevermind. The custom track community for MK8D is literally f*cking dead. There are 4 (F O U R) custom tracks right now after over 4 years of existence of that game:
https://gamebanana.com/mods/cats/5086
All because the tools suck and the courses crash in multiplayer (for which I don't care since I wanna play on one console only).

Last edited by lordelan,

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As you already mentioned, I think the only way would be to extract the the files with hactool or something like that, figure out how to edit it then repack it. Im honestly not sure.
Another idea is have it setup in emunand. But that would be very tedious to have to switch back and forth for 1 game

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
why dont you try different region? use EU and US versions
A lot of the time they're the same release, tho some games will be different.

Yeah unpacking with hactool, modifying the TID everywhere it exists in the meta files, and repacking with hacpack or similar, would be the way to go.

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A lot of the time they're the same release, tho some games will be different.

Yeah unpacking with hactool, modifying the TID everywhere it exists in the meta files, and repacking with hacpack or similar, would be the way to go.
Thought someone may know the precise places of all TIDs but I'll try my best tonight. Thx. :)

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Would emunand be an option? Either setting one up if you don’t have one, using some kind of ‘multi-emunand’ (if one exists) if you do or multiple mSD cards (although I’d be weary of wear on the mSD slot).

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Would emunand be an option? Either setting one up if you don’t have one, using some kind of ‘multi-emunand’ (if one exists) if you do or multiple mSD cards (although I’d be weary of wear on the mSD slot).
I'm already talking about the emuNAND and no I don't swap between different systems only for different instances of a game. :P
I'll mess around with HacTool.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol