Homebrew [Question] How do I sign iconTex.tga and bootTvTex.tga?

EddieEddie90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I want to make my own SNES injections but I seriously didn't get the tutorial by Catmanfan, besides he doesn't explain in detail how it's done. The most important part about doing this is signing the boot screen and icon, and yes, I have read that there is something called app config tool but, for the life of me, I can't seem to find it ANYWHERE. I'm even beggining to doubt its existance. So please Help!

EddieEddie90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't think they actually have to be signed. You should be good to just use TGAVerify to create them

Well, so far I have tried to repack Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow into USB format, but when I install it, the game doesn't even show up on the menu. According to the tutorial made by Catmanfan, the bootscreen and iconTex.tga need to be signed with that thing. But I really don't know why the games don't show up on the menu.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, so far I have tried to repack Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow into USB format, but when I install it, the game doesn't even show up on the menu. According to the tutorial made by Catmanfan, the bootscreen and iconTex.tga need to be signed with that thing. But I really don't know why the games don't show up on the menu.
Hm... I don't know what to say then, I've never personally tried creating a TGA

Zarklord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to make my own SNES injections but I seriously didn't get the tutorial by Catmanfan, besides he doesn't explain in detail how it's done. The most important part about doing this is signing the boot screen and icon, and yes, I have read that there is something called app config tool but, for the life of me, I can't seem to find it ANYWHERE. I'm even beggining to doubt its existance. So please Help!
well nothing special for either of those just use my tga verify tool.
this isnt directed at anyone specific:
idk why the heck or how the rumor started about "signing" the tgas its frickin annoying and wrong they are just images there isnt any hashes or anything!
now the bootLogoTex.tga is sig checked but its restricted to 2 different versions(one that says "nintentdo" and the other says "licensed by nintendo")(those are the only ones allowed without disabling the checks(which dimoks cfw stuff does)) to clarifiy what i mean by this i mean the entire image is read into bytes and hashed in some way and checked against some thing to ensure its correct(we cannot sign these in ANY WAY)

Last edited by Zarklord,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk why the heck or how the rumor started about "signing" the tgas its frickin annoying and wrong they are just images there isnt any hashes or anything!
now the bootLogoTex.tga is sig checked but its restricted to 2 different versions(one that says "nintentdo" and the other says "licensed by nintendo")(those are the only ones allowed without disabling the checks(which dimoks cfw stuff does))
Thanks, I was beginning to doubt myself lol

EddieEddie90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
now the bootLogoTex.tga is sig checked but its restricted to 2 different versions(one that says "nintentdo" and the other says "licensed by nintendo")(those are the only ones allowed without disabling the checks(which dimoks cfw stuff does)) to clarifiy what i mean by this i mean the entire image is read into bytes and hashed in some way and checked against some thing to ensure its correct(we cannot sign these in ANY WAY)

Thanks for your answer, but I still don't know why my injected [Insert console here] doesn't show up on the system menu.

Notshane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have similar problems with TGA regarding DS. I can usually get bootTvTex to load just fine, not having it fail once on me yet. But, iconTex fails inconsistently.

I have theorized that it has to do with file size. Some of my DS Game Icons are naturally 19.2 KB by the time the TGA process is done, but these never load into Loadiine. The ones that are 57.4 KB and above, however, load just fine on Loadiine. So, if the icon is just not detailed, does that mean you will never be able to load it? That is what it is basically implying! It's horribly inconsistent and I wish there was a program that could convert it to TGA and increase the file size so that Loadiine can read it properly. As of now, I believe file size plays a major role in the file not being read by Loadiine.

All of the iconTex for DS games are naturally of a low file size and are the only icons I have trouble with on Loadiine since, well most are detailed enough to be above the valid cap, there are also a lot that aren't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.