[Question] How can I have two emunands on one sd card?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Wire, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Wire
    OP

Wire GBAtemp Regular

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    I would like to have two emunands on my sd card but I am not sure how to do it. I have n3ds xl.

Thanks,
    Wire

2. Garou

Garou GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 13, 2015
  3. Wire
    OP

Wire GBAtemp Regular

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Thanks. I remember seeing a post on here about having two emunands and they had made modifications to CFW files to make it boot from the second emunand but I can't find the post

4. Garou

Garou GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 13, 2015
    yeah, the thread from link I posted has all that information

however quick read from other posts in that thread, I found out that only palantine CFW has support to boot from custom offset of SD card, and it doesn't support N3DS (not to mention that some says that it's unstable)
    and I can't find any information of other CFW that can boot from custom offset

5. Wire
    OP

Wire GBAtemp Regular

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Thanks for all the info. I am going to see if there is alternatives to be able to do this on n3ds

6. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    I've never tried it but CakesFW has an option to choose which emuNAND to boot.

7. Wire
    OP

Wire GBAtemp Regular

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    I found out how to modify ReiNand to boot from second emunand but I am attempting to use it. I am still modifying it so I will need a little bit of time.