Hardware (Question) Hardmod + NAND Backup (Pure Image)

Natsuru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all

I got a question and I was hoping anyone with hardmod experience can give me their 2₵.
I'm planning on modding a brand new 2DS but I was thinking, is it recommended to do the initial setup first or can I do the hardmod, then do the NAND dump, then to the setup and continue with A9LH?
I ask because I'm curious and want to know if there is such a thing as a Pure NAND image.

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have experience myself, but because the whole point is just taking an image of the nand, yes you can take that image whenever you want - and restore it whenever you want.

This should make a "pure" image.

Icirrus

Trophies
XP
Country
I had hardmodded my console and when I went to boot it just had a black screen but I was able to get to the Decrypt9 menu (I had installed the A9HL before hand) so I just restored and it loaded up. Granted my no boot error may be unrelated to my hardmodding but it did happen just after I had finished the mod

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can I ask what happened exactly that caused you to need to restore the NAND?
Also please quote when you reply so people are aware that you are talking to them

Natsuru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I do click the quote button but it doesn't take. Thanks for the Info.
I guess I will do a Semi-Pure image now that soundhax/fasthax is out.

Attachments

• Screenshot (34).png
    Screenshot (34).png
    27.1 KB · Views: 174
Last edited by Natsuru,

Icirrus

Trophies
XP
Country
Well aren't I an idiot. :rofl2:
Also as a precaution I would suggest making sure you know exactly what you are doing when hardmodding as it is possible to brick your console if you don't know what you're doing. I would suggest to seek out a few members who do hardmodding as a service and keep them in mind just incase you don't feel comfortable doing it

Natsuru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also as a precaution I would suggest making sure you know exactly what you are doing when hardmodding as it is possible to brick your console if you don't know what you're doing. I would suggest to seek out a few members who do hardmodding as a service and keep them in mind just in case you don't feel comfortable doing it
Thanks for the info. But I am willing to take the risk. I have done soldering before although im not the best at it I have read guides, watched videos.etc and feel quite confident. I have ordered a bit of quality equipment and other stuff as I do plan on getting into the field as a hobby. I will practice on something else for a while before I attempt this as I'm in no hurry. Thanks for the concern but I am no armature to electronic PCB's, just the soldering PCB's.:D

Last edited by Natsuru,

Natsuru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also as a precaution I would suggest making sure you know exactly what you are doing when hardmodding as it is possible to brick your console if you don't know what you're doing. I would suggest to seek out a few members who do hardmodding as a service and keep them in mind just incase you don't feel comfortable doing it

Completed the hardmod and I didn't fuck it up :D

Reactions: x65943

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I like how Amazon just has one long Add to cart button now just in case I forget where it is