[Question]Going from Sysnand9.20/ReiNand10.7 to Luma3DS+AL9H

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Saintwave, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Saintwave
    OP

Saintwave Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2016
    Greetings!

I'm quite new to the custom scene and currently unsure what steps to follow, so I would like to humbly ask for help.

Around a month back, I've successfully (After trying for 3 days) installed ReiNand on my N3DS XL(US) using this guide:
    Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJezO56ILjY
    I currently have SysNand on 9.20 and my ReiNand on 10.7, after reading a couple of posts, I'm convinced that I need to update to Luma3DS+A9LH for a more convenient everyday gaming.

Problem is, I have no idea how to do this with my current setup, do I need to revert everything to the latest sysnand before attempting anything? Or can I update my current setup to the one I want?

Could someone please point me in the right direction, I'm nowhere near tech-savvy enough to figure this out on my own yet, I do hope you guys understand. In any case, thanks in advance for helping me, or even just taking time to read what I wrote.

Cheers!

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
  3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    All you need is here: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
    Edit: :ninja:

4. Saintwave
    OP

Saintwave Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2016
    Should I revert to stock first? I did a quick read of that before posting this thread, and though I honestly understood only more or less half of it, I have no clue if I could use my current setup to upgrade, or to revert first.

I am really sorry for the hassle for everyone, I'm just quite scared to do something wrong. I'm gonna read the whole guide again thoroughly this time, hope I can understand more of it. Though more comments/tips are very much appreciated. Thank you.

Cheers!

EDIT: Does formatting my SD CARD = Making my System Stock again?

Last edited by Saintwave, Apr 28, 2016
  5. Pikm

Pikm Thy Lord and Savior

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    Delaware
    Formatting your SD card just removes emunand, all of your games, and every last one of your saves with no way to get then back. So have fun!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk