Question for Gold Triforce DS LITE Owners

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Mr Malice, Jun 22, 2008.

Jun 22, 2008
  1. Mr Malice
    OP

Newcomer Mr Malice Advanced Member

United States
    [​IMG] vs. [​IMG]

The one of the right is the offical version obviously. But my friend is looking into buying this. But I told him, that it might be possible to save some cash by buying a DS Lite and getting the Replacement housing. But he is a bit nit-picky and wants something fairly close to the original.

So does anyone have an opinion on the housing? To me, it looks like the only thing the replacement doesn't have, is the shiny Metalic Finish, and that plastic casing the Offical DS Lite cases have, but also that doesnt matter cause it sounds like he wants a plastic case anyway.

So can anyone lend a bro a hand?

Thanks,
    Mr. Malice

2. Sir-Fritz

Member Sir-Fritz GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    The problem with most replacement shells is that they are missing some parts and some can't be mixed and matched with a offical shell.

EDIT: You might wanna read this Here.

3. Pizzaroo

Member Pizzaroo douchebag

United States
    Wait... does he already have a DS? if he doesn't, it would cost about the same ($130 DS + $20 casing vs. $150 ds with an awesome game included)

4. Mr Malice
    OP

Newcomer Mr Malice Advanced Member

United States
    Well there is no other place in our areas that still have the Gold DS Bundle, so Online new or slightly used (Without turning to Ebay Auctions, Buy it Now instead) turns up prices starting at $200..... :/ So, anyway, it turns out it would be a great save anyway.