[Question] EZ Flash IV or SuperCard Mini SD?

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by ScarletDreamz, Jun 11, 2016.

1. ScarletDreamz
    OP

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    Well, since both are just fake/clones now days, which one should i get?
    i own a GameBoy Micro, and i will be using it for Mostly Nes Games, and i heard Super Card Mini SD has an InBuilt NES emulator, also probably just play metroid fusion, or metal slug.

So the Supercard Mini SD goes from around 25 to 35 bucks on ebay:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-SuperCa...950718?hash=item3d1bd5067e:g:gWwAAOSwfZhXMp1m

And the Ez Flash IV goes for around 35 to 45:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/EZ-FLASH-IV...462819?hash=item3d19b785e3:g:N90AAOSwSclXLS5n

Wich one its better for my needs? there are several reviews on youtube, however, they seem to use the OLD EZ Flash IV, the white one, and about the SuperCard Mini SD, i cant find any good review, just that some roms are slow and glitchy, does this happen on the EZ Flash IV?

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    As far as I am aware there are no EZ4 clones and never have been. Supercard clones did exist but a lot of what you will find now is old stock as nobody wants them. This is as the Supercard GBA line is indeed slow and glitchy.

If you purely want it for NES emulation then I guess the supercard would do. It does have onboard support for the emulators (probably slightly older/custom versions but will get it done well enough, however it is not hard to build a pack for the EZ4 or any other flash cart that might not have had things baked into the loader. I would happily pay an extra $10 to be able to play nearly all GBA games hassle free though.

I would not pay much (maybe $10 if I was flush that week) for a GBA supercard.

ScarletDreamz likes this.
  3. ScarletDreamz
    OP

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    Not being able to find that kind of cheap supercard, a card for that price will do even for only NES emulation.

But if im not able to find one at that price, ill guess ill have to pay for the 35-45 bucks for an EZ Flash IV.

4. GreatCrippler

GreatCrippler Greatness Fallen

Mar 27, 2010
    United States
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    The reviews on the white ones should tell you what you need to know. The newer black ones don't do DS games, just GBA. That, and they use Micro SD instead of Mini. Otherwise, same animal.

5. ScarletDreamz
    OP

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    As i stated before, im using them on a GBA micro. so im mostly interesed on Nes emulation and Some gba games.

6. GreatCrippler

GreatCrippler Greatness Fallen

Mar 27, 2010
    United States
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Thus why I stated. Reviews for the white one should have what you need.

ScarletDreamz likes this.
  7. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 17, 2014
    Germany
    My Nintendo works for Dad
    i havent tested the supercard mini with pocketnes myself (I really dislike the distorted screen) but i know the supercard suffers from slowdowns on GBA games. The EZflash does not and i would recommend getting the ezflash micro sd model, simply because the supercard mini requires mini sd cards which are hard to come by and it struggles with micro-to-mini adapters.

8. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    California
    Is nes emulation on the micro better? On the original gba and the gba sp, there a few lines that are cut off. I guess that's due to the screen size/resolution. Maybe the micro is different?

9. Localhorst86

Jul 17, 2014
    Germany
    Yes, the micro magically makes your screen bigger ;)

In truth: NES emulation is exactly the same on the micro as on the mini as it is software dependent. And PocketNES is exactly the same on both cards.

Gesendet von meinem UMI_SUPER mit Tapatalk

slaphappygamer likes this.
  10. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    California
    Hehe, no. I meant the gba micro, not a microsd card. I'm talking about pocketnes on gba micro as compared to original gba or gba sp.

11. Localhorst86

Jul 17, 2014
    Germany
    Same screen aspect ratio and resolution. So no difference there.

Gesendet von meinem UMI_SUPER mit Tapatalk

slaphappygamer likes this.