Homebrew [Question] Error Code Repairer

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like, just an app that can fix error codes that either you can't remove, or you don't want to or aren't able to call Nintendo up about. There can even be a usage limit to it, like waiting a year or so after removing ban codes, waiting an hour before removing ordinary codes, and so on. Nintendo isn't gonna help fix each and every problem with 3DS error codes (take it from me) So I think this would be a nice idea.

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
You can't just write a program to fix errors or unban you.
Bans only last 1 or 2 weeks IIRC, other errors are either with Nintendo's servers or your system.

You can't write a magic program to fix a 'No access point in range' error...you have to move closer to your WiFi router.

MochaMilk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which errors?
Specifically heavy codes like 005-5964. (banning from any eshop, streetplaza, theme, etc access)
Ones that Aren't caused by the User completely, and cant be easily solved. Minor error codes should be able to be solved with a little research, but its hair pulling to have error codes that are only removable by Nintendo...that they don't want to help you with.
I've called them up several times with no luck, even with last time, them saying that they can't help me. I don't want to fork over another load of money just for a 3DS I already have that could be fixed. I'm sure others with the same circumstances would agree.

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If these errors can be only fixed by Nintendo no one here can do anything about it with homebrew and even kernel exploit.

MochaMilk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't just write a program to fix errors or unban you.
Bans only last 1 or 2 weeks IIRC, other errors are either with Nintendo's servers or your system.

You can't write a magic program to fix a 'No access point in range' error...you have to move closer to your WiFi router.
Then Maybe something to reset or erase a nintendo ID? I also commented something relating to what you just said a moment ago.

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
Then Maybe something to reset or erase a nintendo ID? I also commented something relating to what you just said a moment ago.
005-5964 is a permanent eShop ban on Nintendo's end.
There is no way to circumvent it, it's locked to your unique ID.
Changing this ID is impossible as it is hardcoded into the CPU, same reason you can't use someone else's NAND dump.

MochaMilk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
005-5964 is a permanent eShop ban on Nintendo's end.
There is no way to circumvent it, it's locked to your unique ID.
Changing this ID is impossible as it is hardcoded into the CPU, same reason you can't use someone else's NAND dump.
Awwwww, that's unfortunate. Well, thank you anyways. At least now I know to stop looking all over the place for a solution on this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: