Homebrew [QUESTION] Dumping DSiWare saves

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've recently acquired a DSiWare title and was looking to have a little fun hex editing the save. Looking through the forums and using Google, I know that DSiWare saves are stored in TWLNAND and have located the data folder holding the save.

My question is: Is there anything special needed to dump and inject the save other than copying and pasting it from NAND to SD and back again? All the threads I found were from long before FBI 2.0 came out with the ability to access files on NAND and while I can make changes and still load the modified save in the game, none of the changes I made show (or I'm getting the offsets wrong). Also, some data I expect to find in the save is not there, so I'm thinking it may be encrypted in some way?

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Given that injecting a modified save file for use with sudokuhax or other DSiWare hax is simply about putting a game-but-not-console-specific public.sav in the adjacent directory, I'm going to tentatively say that you only need to copy+paste that file from the TWLNAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1