Hacking [Question] DS card for emuNAND?

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm more of a software guy, but I think it would be nice to get a little bit more familiar with hardware in the scene. The idea of shelling out twice the amount of a game for a cart doesn't seem all that great, but I do know that clones are dangerous. I have a 2DS with firmware 8.1. I am aware that the 2DS is unable to be downgraded to firmware 4.5.

What I am curious of:
• Can I use a DS cart for emuNAND on the firmware I am using? (I believe I've seen others using 9.2 sysNAND.)
• Can I choose which firmware my emuNAND would be? (Hopeful for 9.2.)
• Can said emuNAND, if possible, have custom .CIA installed to it?
• If so, what cart and tutorials would you recommend?

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
• Can I use a DS cart for emuNAND on the firmware I am using? (I believe I've seen others using 9.2 sysNAND.)
Gateway's Emunand can't run DS carts. But you can play them on Sysnand (There's a CIA to whitelist every DS cart on Sysnand)
• Can I choose which firmware my emuNAND would be? (Hopeful for 9.2.)
Only if there's a game with said update, afaik there's no game that updates to 9.2, but Emunand works with 9.4, just make sure to not update your Sysnand
• Can said emuNAND, if possible, have custom .CIA installed to it?
Like Homebrew CIA? There are some 3dsx (Ninjahax apps) in working CIA format is thats what you mean.
• If so, what cart and tutorials would you recommend?
The best DS cart is the DSTwo, but if you're not picky you can just use Gateway's Blue card, about tutorials there are plenty of them in here.

Partynauseated

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSTwo is the only cart (to my knowledge) that can run a GBA emulator. Apparently supercard has stopped production of it 2 months ago, so it might be a little tricky to find.

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wish people would stop saying "DS Flashcart" for this though, because what is actually needed is a "DSi Flashcart", as DS Flashcarts were patched out in DSi and thus 3DS too. Yes, some of the old DS Flashcarts were updated to work with the DSi, but those are then DSi compatible flashcarts and it would be best for people to start saying that so others don't end up accidentally buying the wrong cards.

Partynauseated

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish people would stop saying "DS Flashcart" for this though, because what is actually needed is a "DSi Flashcart", as DS Flashcarts were patched out in DSi and thus 3DS too. Yes, some of the old DS Flashcarts were updated to work with the DSi, but those are then DSi compatible flashcarts and it would be best for people to start saying that so others don't end up accidentally buying the wrong cards.

I do it to just simplify what Im talking about. if someone wanted to get technical Im sure they could do research instead of just reading forum posts.

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I do it to just simplify what Im talking about. if someone wanted to get technical Im sure they could do research instead of just reading forum posts.

Removing the "i" from "DSi" is what's called "useless simplification". It's one letter, it's not making things simpler and is only compounding a problem.

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By DS cartridge, I meant, is emuNAND possible on say, the DStwo with what firmware I'm on?
Edit: Or an MT cartridge?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
By DS cartridge, I meant, is emuNAND possible on say, the DStwo with what firmware I'm on?
Edit: Or an MT cartridge?
again.....you cannot currently do anything on a 2ds with 8.x+ without owning a gateway card.....idk how many times you need to be told this....i must of said it at least 3 times, and i have seen several other people say this too....but you still keep making posts and threads asking the same question.....on 8.x+ with a 2ds, you cannot run ANY emunand without a gateway card, if your 2ds was 7.x you could of run classic mode(still limited to only 7.x without a gateway card), but still no cia files at all unless you own a gateway card

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
again.....you cannot currently do anything on a 2ds with 8.x+ without owning a gateway card.....idk how many times you need to be told this....i must of said it at least 3 times, and i have seen several other people say this too....but you still keep making posts and threads asking the same question.....on 8.x+ with a 2ds, you cannot run ANY emunand without a gateway card, if your 2ds was 7.x you could of run classic mode(still limited to only 7.x without a gateway card), but still no cia files at all unless you own a gateway card
I keep getting mislead by other forum's posts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself