wormdood pirate booty inspector

United States
    this
    then this
    edit: fuckin' ninjas

2. pre10c

pre10c GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    try deleting the history and cookies etc, and try again... that solved it for me when i encountered the exact same error.

3. Yuki Amano

OP Yuki Amano GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    OK, I followed all the steps of the rxTools guide, but now I kind of have an issue. When I select MiniPasta, I currently have a black screen. Should I reboot? It may seem silly, but I ask because I know people have been bricked by not waiting on black screens. It's been about two minutes.

4. exelix11

exelix11 Developer
    Developer

Italy
    You can reboot, it crashed, but why are using pasta ? rxtools arleady has the sig patches

5. Yuki Amano

United States
    I'm just following the guide as is. It's to install a CIA installer.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Alright, I only got CFWPasta to work once, and I was an idiot and forgot Browserhax was a thing so I restarted and set Menuhax to start without any buttons. Now it doesn't want to load at all. When I tried to launch the devmenu2x.cia through FBI without Pasta, it failed due to "invalid signature" or something like that. I'll keep trying since I believe this is a pretty unstable app for the next few minutes, but if you know another way around this, let me know.

EDIT: Cleared things up

For the record, here is the error I'm getting from FBI if I don't use Pasta:

Install failed!
    DevMenu_2x.cia
    Source: SOURCE_FSFILE_WRITE (0x1c)
    Module: MODULE_NN_AM (0x20)
    Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT (0x1b)
    Summary: SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT (0x7)
    Description: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_SIGNATURE (0x6a)
    Press Start to continue.

Last edited by Yuki Amano, Jan 23, 2016
  6. Nikki_swap

Nikki_swap The Lewdest

United States
    You need not be in pasta mode to be able to install unsigned cia's, like fbi. You can do it without it but its nice to have a CIA manager already in emunand.

7. Yuki Amano

United States
    So you're telling me I don't need devmenu_2x, right? What should I use to install CIAs then?

8. fr3quency

fr3quency GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    Haven't you heard of FBI? :P It is my main .CIA installer app on emuNAND(just be careful not to press L & R buttons because it will change the destination).

https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI

9. Nikki_swap

Nikki_swap The Lewdest

United States
    It's just prefference, what I do is run pasta, go into homebrew launcher using the web browser while in pasta mode, load fbi and install the fbi.CIA, once it is in the menu I create an emunand and then load it with rxtools, once I'm sure everything is alright. I take out the sd card and format sysnand, then I reinstall menu hax, run rxtools and then install devmenu/BBM In emunand using the fbi CIA I installed before.

10. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa Planeptunes Male CPU

Germany
    how can i turn the wifi off on n3ds there is no such slider

11. Bubsy Bobcat

Zimbabwe
    When you downgraded, did "NATIVE_FIRM" appear at all on SysUpdater? If not, you have a partial downgrade.

On the home menu, open the tab on the top left and scroll down a bit until you see the wifi option.

12. Yuki Amano

United States
    Alright, so I am having an issue with my SD card. You see, now that I installed emuNAND9 on my SD card, now I have much less space than before. I think I'm going to need two SD cards: one for homebrew and one for eShop games. Is it possible to do something like that?

13. JawhnL5

JawhnL5 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Well you could always get a bigger SD card and transfer everything from your current to the new one, including the EmuNAND partition

14. Yuki Amano

United States
    I was actually not paying attention to my 3DS when it was downgrading. All I remember was leaving it alone while it was installing the .cias and when I came back it was at the home screen.

15. JawhnL5

JawhnL5 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    That means it was successful, as it reboots automatically upon a complete downgrade.

16. Yuki Amano

United States
    Yeah, but I'd rather just use two SD cards since then I won't need to purchase any more.

17. Yuki Amano

United States
    Aaaaaaaaaaaand my idea didn't work. In fact, now Menuhax is unusable. The only thing I removed from the emuNAND9 SD Card is the "Title" folder. And it seems like that made Menuhax2.1 uninstall or something, because it didn't boot up. So I loaded up HBL through Browserhax and I got this lovely little message when launching MenuhaxManager:

Failed to open theme extdata with extdataID=0x000002cd, retval: 0xc804464
    Exit this app, then goto [sic] Home Menu theme-settings so that Home Menu can create the theme exdata.

Then it goes on about how an error has occurred and how it's most likely user error...

Sorry, but this is giving me (probably you guys) a headache.

EDIT: I'm gonna reinstall MenuHax... hopefully it'll work, then I'll continue with the rxTools guide and hopefully this will all resolve itself...

Last edited by Yuki Amano, Jan 23, 2016
  18. Yuki Amano

United States
    Now I can't use even use BrowserHax... the last four times I try to launch it, the bottom screen freezes gray for a few seconds and then Internet Browser crahes and I'm at the home menu. And yes, I delete the Internet Browser save data each time.

I think I'm going to take a little break and then come back here... This is getting really frustrating.

19. Yuki Amano

United States
    Just wondering, what would happen if I just updated the 3DS through the System Settings? I'm almost ready to give up.

20. Nikki_swap

Nikki_swap The Lewdest

United States
    You gotta keep trying! on o3ds it takes a lot of tries to get browser hax to work, delete the browser save data and keep trying, dont give up, on an O3ds i swear it took me like an hour to get it working 2 times in a row

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Question], Downgraded, strange